kayumanggi

WEEKEND ESTIMATES: 47.5 M HOTEL TRANSYLVANIA II | 18.2 M THE INTERN | 14.0 M TMR: THE SCORCH TRIALS | 13.1 M EVEREST

The limited release hurt it more than it helped. The word of mouth was not about the great visuals or the story but was instead about the depressing ending. It worked the opposite with Ghost Protocol where the Burj Khalifa scene provided great word of mouth.

This. It's a good movie but hard to recommend because it's not a popcorn movie at all

This. It's a good movie but hard to recommend because it's not a popcorn movie at all

It's based on a true event so I really don't get how can people get depressed over the obvious outcome. People should have got depressed over some dumb or stupid ending like the ending of Signs for example...

It's based on a true event so I really don't get how can people get depressed over the obvious outcome. People should have got depressed over some dumb or stupid ending like the ending of Signs for example...

Jack DIES at the end of Titanic.

SPOILER ALERT FOR A 20 year old movie! :ph34r:

Edited by Mojoguy

I watches Jeremy Jahns review for The Green Inferno, and I was gagging listening to Jeremy talk about the movie. I have no idea how people can stomach that stuff

It s all make believe.

• Like 2

This month really ended up being just another September aside from HT2's big opening. Really disappointing considering all the potential MR2, BM, and Everest looked like they had going into the month. Can't believe not one of those 3 really broke out. They all kind of under-performed or didn't do anything too exciting. I guess this will remain the worst month of the year to release movies for the time being. 

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 2

This month really ended up being just another September aside from HT2's big opening. Really disappointing considering all the potential MR2, BM, and Everest looked like they had going into the month. Can't believe not one of those 3 really broke out. They all kind of under-performed or didn't do anything too exciting. I guess this will remain the worst month of the year to release movies for the time being.

CJohn likes this.

:ohmygod:

• Like 2

When movies in a certain genre need to be great critically with great WOM to break out I consider that genre 'not easy' to sell. I'd day the same for spy movies. That and the fact that I personally don't like this kind of movies so they're a hard sell from my perspective. I thought the town was good only for a single watch and couldn't even finish The Departed for example...

Sorry, but you have terrible taste in movies then. 

• Like 1