kayumanggi

WEEKEND ESTIMATES: 47.5 M HOTEL TRANSYLVANIA II | 18.2 M THE INTERN | 14.0 M TMR: THE SCORCH TRIALS | 13.1 M EVEREST

Hotel Transylvania did not have a release last night.  

Guru:

Opting out of Thursday evening pre-shows,Hotel Transylvania 2 opens Friday morning in over 3,600 locations and might scare up about $38M this weekend.

Smart move by SONY.

• Like 2

Yep, school is in, it's September, target audience doesn't show up till weekend.

No matter what it grosses on Friday, it'll probably jump by 70% tomorrow.

• Like 7

Hotel Transylvania did not have a release last night.  

Guru:

Opting out of Thursday evening pre-shows,Hotel Transylvania 2 opens Friday morning in over 3,600 locations and might scare up about $38M this weekend.

Makes sense since kids are still in school. I wouldn't be surprised if it does over $40m which is slightly lower than the first but it has pretty much no competition apart from Pan and Goosebumps so it'll easily do over $100-120m domestic and OS it's only Pan so it has a great chance of increasing from the first

• Like 1

If The intern manages to open to +20M, this should be the greatest September weekend ever. I think the best is Sep. 28-30 2012, with 119M

We are heading to something like

35M HT2

20M Intern

20M Everest

14M MR2

14M BM

103M for the top5!

http://deadline.com/2015/09/the-intern-hotel-transylvania-2-the-green-inferno-weekend-box-office-1201550112/

Warner Bros. is reporting $650K for Thursday previews to Nancy Meyer’s The Intern starring Robert De Niro and Anne Hathaway. Showtimes kicked off at 7 P.M. The film, which has a lock on older females, is expected to generate between $15M-$20M this weekend. 

Go "The Intern" go  :hi5:  !!!

I've seen the ads for Green Inferno and it just looks thoroughly unpleasant, given the subject matter  I know that's not a stretch.  But that's just something I wouldn't want to spend 90 minutes watching.

• Like 1

I mean I could be wrong on this one (I don't plan to see it) but from the trailers/synopsis/reviews it seems pretty clear that it's supposed to be a father/daughter type relationship in a quirky dramedy, not really a rom com at all. 

• Like 3

From BO.com

Friday Report #2: According to various sources, here's how the weekend is shaping up:

Hotel Transylvania 2: $42 million-$44 million
The Intern: $18 million-$20 million
Everest: $16 million-$17 million
The Green Inferno: $4 million

• Like 2

I enjoy Deniro and all, but the massive age gap between him and Hathaway and probably trying to play this off as a romantic comedy is just, well, weird.. Hell, he's like 40 years older than her for heaven sakes..

tumblr_m3rhxqZcAL1qknimgo2_500.gif

Sorry bud, there's no romance angle here at all.

• Like 1

From BO.com

Friday Report #2: According to various sources, here's how the weekend is shaping up:

Hotel Transylvania 2: $42 million-$44 million

The Intern: $18 million-$20 million

Everest: $16 million-$17 million

The Green Inferno: $4 million

Oooh, if that happens I will have come close on every film except Everest (which I thought I was going too high on even when I posted it)

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 1