kayumanggi

TRANSFORMERS: RISE OF THE BEASTS | 06.09.2023 | Paramount | final gross: $157,066,392

So far the consensus I'm getting is that this is mostly solid but not spectacular. I'm not really sure how this will do box office wise. It's been over four years since the last installment, and with that much time passed you gotta come back with something really good to great.

This may turn out to be opposite of Across the Spiderverse, another franchise with a four year gap between installments, but Spiderman is more popular than ever with the Tom Holland trilogy being a bit hit and the last Spiderverse movie also being a hit back in 2018.

And its pretty much a fact now that Across the Spiderverse came back swinging and is poised for major success, whereas Rise of the Beasts has somewhat of an uphill battle as its not entirely a sequel to Bumblebee 2018. I wonder if that may turn some people away. I wonder if this would end up being more successful they just titled it Bumblebee 2 instead of Rise of the Beasts.

Edited by clockwork

These reviews may not be good enough and the box office may not be great, but the amount people on these boards think The Flash actually matters to people is getting fucking nuts. People think that this is going to be hurt at the box office because the review embargo broke the same day as a movie that might not even outopen Black Adam? Flash Derangement Syndrome man. One will have zero effect on the other.

• Like 3

I'm not rushing to see it, but the ending really got me very excited! Next movie ( if there's one ) has to be massive.

Spoiler

Just imagine if you're watching a John Wick movie and suddenly it's revealed that the movie is part of the Equalizer's universe with Denzel Washington or vice-versa? Could you freaking imagine seeing these 2 beasts against everyone else?

This quote from Indiewire's review (featured on RT):

It’s as if some executive saw Mattel and Greta Gerwig turning “Barbie” into genuine art, so they made a George Costanza-style decision to veer in the opposite direction purely out of spite.

Jesse Pinkman GIF - Breaking Bad Jesse Pinkman Aaron Paul - Discover &  Share GIFs

15 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Jesse Pinkman GIF - Breaking Bad Jesse Pinkman Aaron Paul - Discover &  Share GIFs

Like dawg, the movie filmed 2 years ago before they even had a hint of what Barbie would look like. 

6 hours ago, Cmasterclay said:

These reviews may not be good enough and the box office may not be great, but the amount people on these boards think The Flash actually matters to people is getting fucking nuts. People think that this is going to be hurt at the box office because the review embargo broke the same day as a movie that might not even outopen Black Adam? Flash Derangement Syndrome man. One will have zero effect on the other.

First of all you might as well just quote people directly instead of this vague posting nonsense, second of all that's not what me and other people talking about the review embargo meant. It's just a simple concept that the Flash's reviews will be talked about more then Rise of The Beasts, which if RoTB had ended up having very positive reviews instead of middling reviews would've made it where unless someone was already interested and went to look for themselves they would likely not end up hearing about it. Which...yes does indeed hurt it at the box office. Also Flash is looking to do 70-90 million my guy, not under Black Adam.

5 hours ago, filmlover said:

Ugh, I’m so excited for Barbie but tradespeople on Twitter are going to be insufferable about that film.

• Like 1

I just found out this shit comes out fucking TOMORROW. I nearly dropped my phone. I dont think I've been this out of the loop for a blockbuster sequel at all. 

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

ANybody got any box office OW projections yet?

Oh this thing gonna TANK. I dont think it'll be number 1 this weekend.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, CJohn said:

The ending twist screams desperation. 

Just a heads up: do not make the mistake of googling the ending. You want to laugh at it for the first time unspoiled 

• Haha 2

Have just seen this. I can confirm the rumored ending. There's a mid credits scene as well, but that's it. No end credits scene.

I really love the human characters here, especially Ramos and his relationship with one particular transformer.

7/10

Edited by kayumanggi
  • Like 1