WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (pg31): The Martian 37 | HT2 20.3 | Pan 15.5 | Intern 8.66 | Sicario 7.35 | The Walk 3.65 | Steve Jobs 521k

Given Universal's great year, a few flops aren't going to hurt them.  Steve Jobs is looking it'll be a hit and Sisters will do decently as well plus they have Legend and The Danish Girl which should well in limited release. 

Sony are likely thrilled that HT2 is doing great, I wonder if they pair it and Goosebumps together as part of a double feature to get good numbers later in the run. 

And it's not like Universal spent a lot of money on most of it's upcoming films. They are all modestly budgeted movies.

But Universal needs to be concerned about next year,since it's slate is not nearly as strong as 2015'a.

Crimson Peak is not a horror film????

That's what the trailer and all the commercials make it out to be.

That's because horror movies are an easier sell then Gothic Romances....

Some guys who would not be caught dead going to see a Gothic Romance would go and see a Horror movie,particularly from Del Toro . Agreed though, that the film is going to be a lot  more Charlotte Bronte then Stephan King.

The biggest blockbuster of the Fall is coming on October 23. Everything else are useless flops/bombs.

giphy.gif

Even KURT ANGLE is in it. Fuck every other movie.

I'm ready for this. I'm gonna watch xXx in preparation.

• Like 1

Man...I want Crimson Peak to succeed, but it seems that they don't know how to handle the marketing. All I see in those trailers is a horror movie. Maybe it doesn't look scary, but it certainly has many horror tropes and the aesthetic of a gothic horror film. Gothic romance? Sorry, but I don't see it. I hope someone recuts the trailer using a romance-movie score...

Where are the weekend numbers for Inside Out? Has Disney stopped tracking their films? I don't see any of their films in the weekend chart.

Dude, I'm pretty certain that movie comes out on home video on Monday...