Fancyarcher

Cruella | Disney | May 28 2021 | Disney+ premiere access hybrid release

I thought Maleficent was a terrible movie, but it did very well.  At the same time, I can't even see how they are doing Maleficent 2 but oh well.

I just don't see how you make a movie about Young Cruella and attempt to give her the Maleficent treatment.

35 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

The Deadline article mentions that they plan to start filming next year. Guess that's going to be the October 2020 movie Disney has set.

Yeah plus Stone has nothing else lined up in the future besides Zombieland 2 so it makes sense for this to be her next project.

13 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

So this is going to be a sympathetic take on Cruella like Maleficent? Cruella did nothing wrong. never meant to make a coat off puppies. Blame Sharlto Copley.

:hahaha:Although Emma Stone may be one of the few actresses that can make a puppy killer sysympathetic ...:unsure:

I smell another oscar nomination.

On ‎2‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 3:14 PM, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

I just hope they just don't try to justify her action and redeem her like Maleficent. There is no turning back from trying to kill a dog,let alone 100 of them.

That is why I disliked Maleficent. It's one think to make a movie about a villain and make us see why they got that way;it's another to try to  make a heroine out of her and justify her every action.

It is amusing that a villain can kill thousand of people but be forgiven but touch a dog.......

On 2/20/2019 at 6:35 AM, filmlover said:

This will be Disney's March 12, 2021 release. Book it.

I think this is their octobre 9 , 2020 film. If it starts shooting in march it can be finished before that date while it doesn’t need any vfx work done So the post production doesn’t take as long

Disney recently just revealed a new poster and title for their Maleficent sequel. The studio is in active development on another big screen adaptation of a classic Disney villain Cruella, starring Emma Stone, and we have some casting updates to share.

We have learned that the house of mouse is interested in Nicole Kidman for the role of the “Baroness,” who is described as an antagonist to Cruella and is pivotal to her rise as the classic Disney villain. 

We can also share that Emma Thompson, Charlize Theron, Juliane Moore, and Demi Moore, are also on Disney’s radar for the role. 

As of now, the script is still being worked but the studio is ready to get this production ready for a July/August start. The Favorite screenwriter Tony McNamara has been brought on to rewrite the script.