Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

On 8/31/2016 at 4:15 PM, mredman said:

forgetting Harry Potter, GoT, LotR. DC's first 3 movies made over 2 BILLION dollars.

I swear to god your postings here gets more :rofl: by every new post you make

If by 'first 3' you mean 'the last 3' and ignore Green Lantern, Jonah Hex, Catwoman, Superman Returns, etc.

Edited by SpiderByte
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Kalo said:

Excellent article about what WB should do with thier DCEU. (basically scrapped it and start-over)

http://io9.gizmodo.com/what-warner-bros-needs-to-do-to-save-the-dc-extended-u-1786059387

I'm not a huge fan of the DCEU, but scrapping and starting all over is not the way to go.  They've dumped hundreds of millions of dollars into these movies and for better or worse, people know these faces and redoing it would just confuse people more. 

Not to mention they are already in post on one more and filming another.  They're too deep to start over, but they can course correct. 

• Like 8

9 hours ago, Kalo said:

Excellent article about what WB should do with thier DCEU. (basically scrapped it and start-over)

http://io9.gizmodo.com/what-warner-bros-needs-to-do-to-save-the-dc-extended-u-1786059387

That article lost me the second it said this:

The Lord of the Rings turned three very long books into a coherent trilogy by doing some very judicious editing.

They must read only comic books if they think the LOTR novels are long. 479, 415, and 347 pages respectively (in my paperback editions, not including the ROTK appendices) are not long for fantasy novels, or even novels in general.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Kalo said:

I'd say there is nothing excellent about this article , a reboot? Starting over? That's the worst thing WB can do right now. No matter if people want to believe it or not, these movies have created a new fan-base , got a following from a huge part of the old fan base while angering a smaller part of it , and others who are not fans and will generally forget what they saw a couple of months later till some other DCEU movie trailer interest them.

In general, all WB have to do is to give time for a real good script to develop and have solid main plot points + make sure the movie is structured well and coherent ( they should keep their hands out of the editing room and leave the poor editor to his work! )

Most of the cast is widely accepted and some have been the best in their respective roles. The only exception being Lex Luthor , and I have a feeling that will change, not by changing the actor but by changing how he's interrupting the character.

rebooting now will alienate all the current fan-base , which is huge. Big big mistake.

Edited by Emerald kikyou
  • Like 4

WB wont reboot their DCeU because it's making them lots of $$$, probably not as much as they want given the current CBM landscape with some of these CBM's doing over 1B WW. If any one of these movies were to bomb though expect some serious thinking by WB on what they might do with that particular franchise.

3 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

WB wont reboot their DCeU because it's making them lots of $$$, probably not as much as they want given the current CBM landscape with some of these CBM's doing over 1B WW. If any one of these movies were to bomb though expect some serious thinking by WB on what they might do with that particular franchise.

I don't think they will reboot even if one of the movies flopped , unless it was a very important movie, like justice league or batman or superman. If an Aquaman movie flopped, they will just ignore his  existence and move on. They will not need to reboot anything, just avoid his solo movies and maybe give him some small role in a solo movie for another character or something.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Emerald kikyou said:

I don't think they will reboot even if one of the movies flopped , unless it was a very important movie, like justice league or batman or superman. If an Aquaman movie flopped, they will just ignore his  existence and move on. They will not need to reboot anything, just avoid his solo movies and maybe give him some small role in a solo movie for another character or something.

Yes exactly what I was saying they would seriously think about the future of that particular franchise if it does poorly at the box office.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DMan7 said:

Yes exactly what I was saying they would seriously think about the future of that particular franchise if it does poorly at the box office.

My bad ,the others were talking about the whole universe being rebooted , so I have misunderstood your post. No harm done though , we agree on that :)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

I can't believe people are still trotting out the "Scrap and start over" option when the movies are averaging 300M domestic.

What part of the expression "Good Will" don't you understand ?

• Like 2

I have to go back to this statement that "some comic book movies are making over a billion".   That's true but so far that is a very exclusive club and there are two common factors. 

1. Nolan's Batman

2. Robert Downey Jr. as Iron Man 

That is it. Maybe Guardians of the Galaxy 2 can get there.  I predicted it will but it'll be close. 

The next highest grossing CBM without either of those two people is Spider-Man 3.   The next highest grossing CBM after that?   Batman v. Superman. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

Robert Downey Jr. as Iron Man 

True, but it's not only him though, how else can you explain the bump between

Iron Man 2

Worldwide:  $623,933,331  

and

The Avengers

Worldwide:  $1,519,557,910  

Obviously, some other factor that's not RDJ's Tony Stark came into play here. 

I think the next $1B CBM will be GOTG Vol. 2, but only by a thread.

• Like 3

The Avengers was being the first of it's kind + Downey Jr.  You can certainly argue that people like seeing them all together, I wouldn't argue against that BUT no MCU solo movie has done anywhere close to Iron Man 3. I think Downey Jr. is the biggest draw here.  This is where some will argue Civil War being a solo but I have always disagreed with that viewpoint and Downey Jr. is top billing in that also so it's really a moot point.

I would pencil in an Iron Man 4 at or slightly above one billion.