Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

22 minutes ago, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

Nick Fury was narrating the trailer......

At-least people are mocking this that tweet and having fun with it. 

Also when did counting words in a trailer become a thing?

the same time everything is counted from trailer views, checklists, how many minutes  etc.  We are in a total analytics world now :P 

i mean come on we are in a world where we count how many times people smile in a trailer  lol

Edited by 75Live
  • Like 1

For what it's worth, Iger says Feige to oversee Fox Marvel, decision to fire Gunn was "unonimous" and that he was responsible for Star wars fatigue:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/bob-iger-disneys-streaming-service-james-gunn-star-wars-slowdown-1145493

How involved do you get in decisions to cancel Roseanne at ABC or fire James Gunn at Marvel?

I would say there is a blend of my helping to make the decision to my supporting the decisions that have been made. Roseanne was completely unanimous. We discussed how it would be communicated and when because there were a number of entities that had to be properly filled in, but the decision was completely unanimous. The James Gunn decision was brought to me as a unanimous decision of a variety of executives at the studio and I supported it.

There was backlash. You still support it?

I haven't second-guessed their decision.

How is Marvel going to absorb Fox’s X-Men franchise? Is Kevin Feige going to oversee everything?

I think it only makes sense. I want to be careful here because of what's been communicated to the Fox folks, but I think they know. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

So Deadpool could become an Avenger?

Kevin's got a lot of ideas. I'm not suggesting that's one of them. But who knows?

Many believe Disney should pump the breaks and not put out a Star Wars movie each year.

I made the timing decision, and as I look back, I think the mistake that I made — I take the blame — was a little too much, too fast. You can expect some slowdown, but that doesn't mean we're not going to make films. J.J. [Abrams] is busy making [Episode] IX. We have creative entities, including [Game of Thrones creators David] Benioff and [D.B.] Weiss, who are developing sagas of their own, which we haven't been specific about. And we are just at the point where we're going to start making decisions about what comes next after J.J.'s. But I think we're going to be a little bit more careful about volume and timing. And the buck stops here on that.

Edited by Valonqar

Star Wars: 6 movies before Disney acquisition, some beloved and some more mixed. 4 movies after acquisition, fatigue sets in and they realize they should do less than 1 per year.    

MCU: 5 movies before the Disney acquisition, 1 beloved and some more mixed. 15 movies after acquisition, interest only ramping up after successfully moving to 3 per year.

Edited by Thanos Legion

7 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Star Wars: 6 movies before Disney acquisition, some beloved and some more mixed. 4 movies after acquisition, fatigue sets in and they realize they should do less than 1 per year.    

MCU: 5 movies before the Disney acquisition, 1 beloved and some more mixed. 15 movies after acquisition, interest only ramping up after successfully moving to 3 per year.

This. Fatigue excuse is embarrassing when you have this (2 months and 11 days apart):

1 Black Panther BV $700,059,566/
$1,346,862,917  
    2/16  
2 Avengers: Infinity War BV $678,815,482/ 
$2,046,470,714  
    4/27

When people love movies they want to see more not less. 

Edited by Valonqar

5 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

What's Ryan's stance on that? Done? 

Dunno...If I were Ryan, I would have a one on one with Alan Horn so he can convince Iger to let him make his Xforce and Deadpool 3 ....completely free from Feige.. After that they can reboot ,recast and pg-13 the character to death in lame Deadpool joins the Avengers movies....<_<.

8 minutes ago, Hades said:

Dunno...If I were Ryan, I would have a one on one with Alan Horn so he can convince Iger to let him make his Xforce and Deadpool 3 ....completely free from Feige.. After that they can reboot ,recast and pg-13 the character to death in lame Deadpool joins the Avengers movies....<_<.

Agreed. Doubtful it would fly. In fact, Iger's interview pretty much kibosh's it.

28 minutes ago, Hades said:

:lol:   Sure, Reynolds going over Feige's head would work out great for him.  

Also, as assuming Reynolds doesn't want to be part of an Avengers movie is a huge assumption - most likely an erroneous one as well.  

Just now, TalismanRing said:

:lol:   Sure, Reynolds going over Feige's head would work out great for him.  

Also, as assuming Reynolds doesn't want to be part of an Avengers movie is a huge assumption - most likely an erroneous one as well.  

He did not need Feige for the first 2 films...He won't need him now.  

Eh....I trust Reynolds with the character a lot more than Feige....Ryan has shown them hows its done.Its best they follow his lead...I know Disney/Marvel's  arrogance won't let them, but still...

Iger does not want multiple Marvels.....:hahaha:he should tell that to Marvel TV and SONY

• Haha 1

Hollywood Reporter's Most Powerful People In Entertainment Was Published:

(Some Highlights)

95. The Russo Brothers

94. Michael B. Jordan

83. Ryan Coogler

71. Ryan Reynolds

68. Chris Pratt (lol wtf)

58. James Cameron

51. Christopher Nolan

48. Leo

42. Donald Glover

36. Kathleen Kennedy

29. Greg Berlanti

16. Kevin Tsujihara and Toby Emmerich

06. Kevin Feige

01. Bob Iger

17 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

Hollywood Reporter's Most Powerful People In Entertainment Was Published:

(Some Highlights)

95. The Russo Brothers

94. Michael B. Jordan

83. Ryan Coogler

71. Ryan Reynolds

68. Chris Pratt (lol wtf)

58. James Cameron

51. Christopher Nolan

48. Leo

42. Donald Glover

36. Kathleen Kennedy

29. Greg Berlanti

16. Kevin Tsujihara and Toby Emmerich

06. Kevin Feige

01. Bob Iger

Where's the logic in this list? What criteria did they use? I don't really understand what this is actually a list of.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Where's the logic in this list? What criteria did they use? I don't really understand what this is actually a list of.

It is a fuzzy list of show bizz power in the opinion of the THR staff, without clear criteria but it is usually around how much greenlight power you have in the industry:

Methodology: During a months-long process, editors compiled the THR 100 based on the size and reach of a person's purview, the success of his or her projects since 2017's list, the power to get a project made (company ownership helps) and the ineffables: heat, clout and intangible indicators of influence gleaned from conversations with top insiders (not to mention THR’s daily reporting).

It is all written right there if you click the link

5 minutes ago, Barnack said:

It is a fuzzy list of show bizz power in the opinion of the THR staff, without clear criteria but it is usually around how much greenlight power you have in the industry:

Methodology: During a months-long process, editors compiled the THR 100 based on the size and reach of a person's purview, the success of his or her projects since 2017's list, the power to get a project made (company ownership helps) and the ineffables: heat, clout and intangible indicators of influence gleaned from conversations with top insiders (not to mention THR’s daily reporting).

It is all written right there if you click the link

Even then there's a lot of bullshit where actors in particular are ranked on this list

15 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

If Cameron was Numero Uno on that list would you be questioning this? :hahaha:

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

If Cameron was Numero Uno on that list would you be questioning this? :hahaha:

Yeah I would be wondering why THR would be so disrespectful to list a god among humans.

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Astonished 1