Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

43 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Patience is key. WB has some pretty exciting things lined up for the next few years whereas, for all we know, Disney may peak this year. It really depends on what their sub-studios - Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Fox, Pixar and Walt Disney Animation Studios - have in the pipeline. We literally know NOTHING at this point except for Onward from Pixar next year. Besides that, we only know what their own in-house studio - Walt Disney Pictures - is doing (Jungle Cruise, Mulan etc.).

Like what? The ten billionth Batman movie? Do people still care about Batman?

3 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

The only movies that seem to be confirmed on BoM are Joker, Birds of Prey, Untitled DCEU 2020, Wonder Woman 2 and Aquaman 2. Note that this is DCEU movies and Joker is supposedly not a DCEU movie, not sure why it's in the upcoming section. Still more than we know about the MCU though, FFH later this year, 2 unknowns next year, and then 3 in '21 and '22. 

Edited by Ledmonkey96

7 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I honestly can't say. They still cared about Batman after the originals. Then they still cared about Batman after the horrible Schumacher films. Batman is what sold BvS, not Superman. Wait...uh yeah, they do care. He's one of the most popular characters in American pop culture.

All I can say for certain is that I still care. Yes I know that means little. I'm just answering your question for myself.

Edited by JB33

Just now, WittyUsername said:

I’m absolutely serious. What appeal does the character still have at this point? He’s been milked for all he’s worth. Is there anything of value left?

People love the character and pretty much anything associated with him, and will see whatever is put out as long as it’s good. 

3 minutes ago, JB33 said:

I honestly can't say. They still cared about Batman after the originals. Then they still cared about Batman after the horrible Schumacher films. Batman is what sold BvS, not Superman. Wait...uh yeah, they do care. He's one of the most popular characters in American pop culture.

All I can say for certain is that I still care. Yes I know that means little. I'm just answering your question for myself.

Well, I can’t exactly say that I care, and I used to be a hardcore Bat-fan. Besides, I’ve said it before, but people weren’t all that hyped for BvS. I was, but other people couldn’t seem to care less, and pretty much every geek website was skeptical about it pretty much from day one. You didn’t have people going crazy with anticipation for the trailer for the film like you did with Infinity War and Endgame, and the opening weekend numbers were pretty underwhelming. 

16 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I would care deeply about Batman if they acknowledged Dick Grayson's existence.  Or Tim.  Or Fuck even Jason.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, cax16 said:

People love the character and pretty much anything associated with him, and will see whatever is put out as long as it’s good. 

Batman's never going to be put out to pasture by Warner Bros, he's outsell most other WB IP in terms of merchandise. His foe gallery is one of the best in comics outside of Spider-Man. 

Edited by Jonwo

10 minutes ago, Ledmonkey96 said:

The only movies that seem to be confirmed on BoM are Joker, Birds of Prey, Untitled DCEU 2020, Wonder Woman 2 and Aquaman 2. Note that this is DCEU movies and Joker is supposedly not a DCEU movie, not sure why it's in the upcoming section. Still more than we know about the MCU though, FFH later this year, 2 unknowns next year, and then 3 in '21 and '22. 

Suicide squad and Batman both go into production this year(Flash is supposed to as well but I doubt that)

Marvel has black widow and eternals  going into production this year( and maybe Shang-Chi as well).

I’m sure now that EG is out we’ll hear from more from  Marvel (and DC) at SDCC. 

16 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

A certain LEGO themed movie would beg to differ. 

Lego Batman made over 300m(over 175m of that domestically)not sure I see anything wrong with that. And are you really trying to compare a lego movie to a well received live action Batman movie? That’s like comparing spiderverse to homecoming. 

This is like yesterday so I’m just gonna bow out now and say we probably won’t end up agreeing so I’ll just say agree to disagree again. 

Edited by cax16
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, cax16 said:

Suicide squad and Batman both go into production this year(Flash is supposed to as well but I doubt that)

Marvel has black widow and eternals  going into production this year( and maybe Shang-Chi as well).

I’m sure now that EG is out we’ll hear from more from  Marvel (and DC) at SDCC. 

We'll be on Avatar 5 and The Flash will still be in pre-production.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Well, I can’t exactly say that I care, and I used to be a hardcore Bat-fan. Besides, I’ve said it before, but people weren’t all that hyped for BvS. I was, but other people couldn’t seem to care less, and pretty much every geek website was skeptical about it pretty much from day one. You didn’t have people going crazy with anticipation for the trailer for the film like you did with Infinity War and Endgame, and the opening weekend numbers were pretty underwhelming. 

That's fair. You've moved on. I just think the IP still has tremendous value for WB, even though, as you said, they've milked the character pretty hard to this point.

28 minutes ago, JB33 said:

That's fair. You've moved on. I just think the IP still has tremendous value for WB, even though, as you said, they've milked the character pretty hard to this point.

If Joker does great business then there is still interest in the Batman franchise. 

46 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

If Joker does great business then there is still interest in the Batman franchise. 

That's exactly it. Joker has been done to death and look at the hype for that movie! 

1 hour ago, cax16 said:

Flash is supposed to as well but I doubt that

have faith. The Game Night guys could do an amazing Flash film. All they need is a competent lead actor :/ 

1 hour ago, WittyUsername said:

I’m absolutely serious. What appeal does the character still have at this point? He’s been milked for all he’s worth. Is there anything of value left?

I know you're trolling but yes. He's still far and away DC's most popular and valuable IP. If he wasn't he wouldn't be constantly shoved down our throats at the expense of other characters

• Like 1