Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

6 hours ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

They cancelled the Long Night prequel because everyone knows how horrible it will end.

House of the Dragon sounds more interesting since there’s a lot to cover from the lore. Still, it would be a miracle for it to win back audiences turned away from GOT season 8.

I can see the sales pitch for the trailer..

”From the network that rendered your GoT boxset’s unwatchable, comes a new adventure, to remind you how it all ended by showing you how it first started, this fall..get ready..the bells are ringing”

Edited by VENOM
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

They cancelled the Long Night prequel because everyone knows how horrible it will end.

House of the Dragon sounds more interesting since there’s a lot to cover from the lore. Still, it would be a miracle for it to win back audiences turned away from GOT season 8.

HBO will develop another GOT type audience. It's HBO. Sure they won't get GOT numbers but they'll get close. Its foolish to think the best entertainment brand in the world needs a single show.

Also hardcore fans may never come back. But the announcement of house of the dragon blew up. Mainstream audiences will watch regardless. I, like others, will also check it out.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WittyUsername said:

Ugh, people are going to blame TRoS underperforming on the movie supposedly giving the finger to TLJ, even though TLJ is technically what got them into this whole mess to begin with, aren’t they?

Well Film Twitter loves Rian Johnson so it's no surprise that's probably the narrative that will go on there. 

1 hour ago, WittyUsername said:

Ugh, people are going to blame TRoS underperforming on the movie supposedly giving the finger to TLJ, even though TLJ is technically what got them into this whole mess to begin with, aren’t they?

They've already blamed TLJ having a bad rep almost entirely on "trolls". So, yes.

Hard to switch a cemented narrative and suddenly say "trolls" had a point about TLJ leaving the plot dead in the water.

On 12/22/2019 at 9:48 AM, TMP said:

Good thing HBO produces more than just GOT content then. Succession, Barry, Watchmen, Chernobyl, True Detective, etc;

People were saying HBO was washed up as far as TV series go when "The Sopranos" ended....

On 12/22/2019 at 9:21 AM, TMP said:

Yeah, Joker and those live-action remakes really struggled 

Good point, although I don't think that live action Disney remakes qualify as a franchise. They are totally independent of each other as far as story and charecters go, and I think you need common charecters and background to be a franchise.

A brand name alone does not a franchise make.

Edited by dudalb

14 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

I think it's a case of TROS trying to correct what people did not like about TLJ, but going to far to the other extreme

And, frankly, I really find Panda's whole "Look at me, I am the world's Number One Fan of  (Insert movie/Tv series here)" routine to be pretty tired and annoyning.

https://comicbook.com/dc/2019/12/24/zack-snyder-justice-league-shirt-crashes-sales-servers/

I’d love to know what exactly it would take for WB to swallow their pride and just release Snyder’s version of JL. The demand for it is clearly there, and it would be a perfect hook to convince people to sign up for HBO Max. If they’re hoping that people will eventually move on and forget about it, well, it’s been two years and the movement is stronger than ever. 

Edited by WittyUsername
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

https://comicbook.com/dc/2019/12/24/zack-snyder-justice-league-shirt-crashes-sales-servers/

I’d love to know what exactly it would take for WB to swallow their pride and just release Snyder’s version of JL. The demand for it is clearly there, and it would be a perfect hook to convince people to sign up for HBO Max. If they’re hoping that people will eventually move on and forget about it, well, it’s been two years and the movement is stronger than ever. 

I'd respect WB if they never release it. Stick to their guns.