Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

28 minutes ago, TMP said:

I'd respect WB if they never release it. Stick to their guns.

I can’t say I agree. Not giving the fans what they want, especially when it doesn’t inconvenience them in anyway, is pretty lame. Besides, the Justice League movie they ended up giving us was so bland and safe that I’d take anything over it. 

Just now, WittyUsername said:

I can’t say I agree. Not giving the fans what they want, especially when it doesn’t inconvenience them in anyway, is pretty lame. Besides, the Justice League movie they ended up giving us was so bland and safe that I’d take anything over it. 

We saw what happened when you give the fans what they want, you get Rise of Skywalker. Fuck that.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TMP said:

We saw what happened when you give the fans what they want, you get Rise of Skywalker. Fuck that.

I don’t think very many people wanted that. That was more a case of them trying to give what they believed fans wanted. In the case of the Snyder Cut movement, people are asking to see an alternate version of an already existing film. WB wouldn’t even have to dump anymore money into the thing. 

Besides, the JL movie that we ended up getting was already an attempt by WB to give people what they wanted. A lighter tone? Check. The John Williams theme? Check. Brighter color pallete? Check. A more upbeat and traditional Superman? Check. 

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

I think it's a case of TROS trying to correct what people did not like about TLJ, but going to far to the other extreme

And, frankly, I really find Panda's whole "Look at me, I am the world's Number One Fan of  (Insert movie/Tv series here)" routine to be pretty tired and annoyning.

At least I have the balls to @ people when trying to diss them!

18 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I don’t think very many people wanted that. That was more a case of them trying to give what they believed fans wanted. In the case of the Snyder Cut movement, people are asking to see an alternate version of an already existing film. WB wouldn’t even have to dump anymore money into the thing. 

Besides, the JL movie that we ended up getting was already an attempt by WB to give people what they wanted. A lighter tone? Check. The John Williams theme? Check. Brighter color pallete? Check. A more upbeat and traditional Superman? Check. 

And what if the Snyder cut sucks? Fans are just taking Snyder and Co's word for it that it's so great. I don't think WB wants to risk that. They've got a good thing going. It's best for them to continue the forward momentum.

49 minutes ago, JB33 said:

And what if the Snyder cut sucks? Fans are just taking Snyder and Co's word for it that it's so great. I don't think WB wants to risk that. They've got a good thing going. It's best for them to continue the forward momentum.

I have no trouble believing that his cut of the movie is a mess, but I’d still like to see it for myself. 

So I would kill for Ludwig Gorransson to score a James Cameron film. I'm listening to his score for Black Panther again and it's such a cut above the majority of MCU scores. It's such a shame that Jimbo would have to do a film for this to happen. 

2 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

https://comicbook.com/dc/2019/12/24/zack-snyder-justice-league-shirt-crashes-sales-servers/

I’d love to know what exactly it would take for WB to swallow their pride and just release Snyder’s version of JL. The demand for it is clearly there, and it would be a perfect hook to convince people to sign up for HBO Max. If they’re hoping that people will eventually move on and forget about it, well, it’s been two years and the movement is stronger than ever. 

How  many years did it take to release the Donner cut of Superman 2?

2 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Snyder claimed people advised him not to watch the theatrical cut of Justice League.

its time to bury this. JL should have never been greenlighted after BvS was so divisive. But Tsujihara had ulterior motive in greenlighting it. Basically DCEU as a universe was in terrible shape at that point. At least individual directors like Jenkins/Wan and now Philips ensured the brand still has strong value.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

its time to bury this. JL should have never been greenlighted after BvS was so divisive. But Tsujihara had ulterior motive in greenlighting it. Basically DCEU as a universe was in terrible shape at that point. At least individual directors like Jenkins/Wan and now Philips ensured the brand still has strong value.

It was green lit well before BvS was released, and was already in pre-production. They couldn’t just cancel the film. 

18 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

It was green lit well before BvS was released, and was already in pre-production. They couldn’t just cancel the film. 

There were articles after BvS released around JL being canned and instead a Batman Solo pic would be greenlit as Batfleck was received well despite horrible reception of BvS. But There were other articles around WB not delaying JL to ensure Tsujihara gets his bonus !!!!

AT&T and Time Warner are currently in the middle of a $85 billion dollar deal that they were hoping would close by the end of the year. One source told The Wrap that WB CEO Kevin Tsujihara and President Toby Emmerich “wanted to preserve their bonuses they would be paid before the merger,” and were worried that “if they pushed the movie, then their bonuses would have been pushed to the following year and they might not still be at the studio.”

https://batman-news.com/2017/11/29/justice-league-drama-zack-snyder-warner-bros/

7 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

There were articles after BvS released around JL being canned and instead a Batman Solo pic would be greenlit as Batfleck was received well despite horrible reception of BvS. But There were other articles around WB not delaying JL to ensure Tsujihara gets his bonus !!!!

https://batman-news.com/2017/11/29/justice-league-drama-zack-snyder-warner-bros/

JL was never reported to be canned. It’s true that Tsujihara wouldn’t allow the movie to be pushed back, but it was already just a couple of weeks away from filming when BvS was released. Flat out cancelling the movie would’ve looked terrible to investors. They couldn’t do that. 

4 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Scorsese apologists to trash his daughter now. 

Less of Scorsese apologist and more of MCU haters. 

I have noticed many times that people supporting Martin are the same one claiming DC is real Cinema. 

Also those people who consider Synder as god. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

Less of Scorsese apologist and more of MCU haters. 

I have noticed many times that people supporting Martin are the same one claiming DC is real Cinema. 

Also those people who consider Synder as god. 

Snydercult.

The greatest fandom of all time. 

• Thanks 1