Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

3 hours ago, dudalb said:

I am nowa bit tired with the whole Scorsese fuss. Scorsese film's speak every eloquently for themselves;his place as perhaps the best American director of the last quarter of the 20th century and first couple of decades of the 21st Century is secure.

Yes, I don't think Scorsese should have singled out Marvel Studios, and think his doubling down on it was a mistake, but the reactions of the nerds and the geeks are a lot worse then anything Scorsese said.

Scorsese is a great director but I think he's forgets that Hollywood is a business and if your track record is patchy when it comes to delivering a box office success then you can't be surprised if a studio is unwilling to back a $160m 3.5 hour film. 

The Mandalorian (first episode anyway) was fun, but it's way too short. Of course the production value is amazing and the show looks fantastic, but I don't know.....I think the length just made that first episode feel light, airy and insignificant. Does anyone else get that feeling?

On that note,  it proves even further why I'd rather binge. It would feel way different if I watched it as one big long movie.

Edited by JB33
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, HeadShot said:

The true risk was Black Panther. No one else had ever dared to make a black blockbuster. It changed the face of cinema forever.

wb's catwoman. the movie was trash that's all.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

"Panned" is a bit of a reach.

The main problem is not with the shows, but the Disney Plus has serious technical problems on launch day;lots of people who signed up could not log in.

It's an embarrassment for Disney to have this happen to what is to be one of their flagship products sure;they should have been prepared for a massive load opening day. But not seeing the shows themselves getting panned.

32 minutes ago, cax16 said:

The discussion around this should be normal and calm I’m sure. 

Depends on how the Russos handle it. If it ridicules the militants on both sides, more power to the Russos. Stupid behavior deserves to be made fun of.

As for documentaries, come on Ken Burns, do that series on the history of comics you keep talking about doing. You already put your toe in it with being a executive producer for you brother Rick's excellent "Up ,Up and Away:The History of Superman".

If fits in well with Burns doing series on American pop arts forms that have become popular and influencial around the world like his "Jazz" series. He intersperses those with his documentaries on more serious topics like The Civil War, Vietnam, etc.

19 hours ago, Jonwo said:

Scorsese is a great director but I think he's forgets that Hollywood is a business and if your track record is patchy when it comes to delivering a box office success then you can't be surprised if a studio is unwilling to back a $160m 3.5 hour film. 

I doubt much people on earth know more about that than him, why are you saying that he forget any of this ?

Scorsese often went in is own pocket to pay for reshoot on is movies (like the Aviator)

• Thanks 1

The Comic Con Experience in São Paulo, Brazil next month is completely sold out for the first time in history after they announced the stars of Wonder Woman 2 and Birds Of Prey are attending. And they even expanded the capacity this year.

Last year they had main stars from Avengers Endgame, Captain Marvel, Spider-Man Far from Home, Shazam, Dark Phoenix, Stranger Things and Game of Thrones, and they did not sold out.

Zack Snyder's style and creative ambition is understandably controversial, but no one can deny the guy nailed the casting and the translation of those characters to the big screen. He is a true genius. This franchise is a worldwide sensation, and WB is not even exploring its full potential yet.

Edited by Napoleon
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Napoleon said:

The Comic Con Experience in São Paulo, Brazil next month is completely sold out for the first time in history after they announced the stars of Wonder Woman 2 and Birds Of Prey are attending. And they even expanded the capacity this year.

Last year they had main stars from Avengers Endgame, Captain Marvel, Spider-Man Far from Home, Shazam, Dark Phoenix, Stranger Things and Game of Thrones, and they did not sold out.

Zack Snyder's style and creative ambition is understandably controversial, but no one can deny the guy nailed the casting and the translation of those characters to the big screen. He is a true genius. This franchise is a worldwide sensation, and WB is not even exploring its full potential yet.

Snyder didn't cast a single person in Birds of Prey

3 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Affleck was meh. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, TMP said:

Snyder didn't cast a single person in Birds of Prey

And I for one find a LOT to be desired in some of Snyder interperations of some charecters, Superman in  particularly.

And he totally messed up on many charecters in "Watchmen", Rosharch  and Oznymandus in particular. 

BTW,The Emperor of France tried to give all the credit for Wonder Women to Snyder instead of Patty Jenkings.

Snyder is pretty much a non factor in the DC universe right now. He gets a meaningless "courtesy" producers credit, but otherwise his involvement in the DCU is over,IMHO Overall a good thing.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

No one would even know what Watchmen is if it wasn't for the movie. It made the comic book popular in the whole world. That's why we got prequel comics, a crossover with the DC universe, and a television series.

It's on Time Magazine's 100 greatest novels of all time, and it revolutionized comic books as both a medium and an art form, but go off. That's like saying Zack Snyder would need to make an Infinite Jest movie for anyone to know what that book was. Sounds silly.