Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

4 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Marvel has clearly seen how successful Joker has been so want a slice of that October pie. 

I’m guessing that’s probably going to be the Blade movie. I can’t think of any other reason why they would pick October instead of November. 

20 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I’m guessing that’s probably going to be the Blade movie. I can’t think of any other reason why they would pick October instead of November. 

Venom and Joker have proven it's a lucrative date but it makes sense if they're going to release Blade there. 

I imagine WB will be trying and plant their new release dates fairly soon. I imagine they'll want March, June, October and December as the dates for DC. 

6 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Venom and Joker have proven it's a lucrative date but it makes sense if they're going to release Blade there. 

I imagine WB will be trying and plant their new release dates fairly soon. I imagine they'll want March, June, October and December as the dates for DC. 

Unlike Disney, WB doesn’t have a shared universe to keep track of, so they have no reason to schedule four DC movies a year, unless they’re really that low on IPs. 

5 hours ago, dudalb said:

And I think we have the "asshole fan of the month" winners: a few Star Wars fans are revealing the ending of "Knives Out" on twitter and on websites in an attempt to "get even" with Rian Johnson for The Last Jedi.

What a bunch of total ass holes.

Pathetic. Downright pathetic. How old are these people?

• Like 1

An "Untitled Disney Live Action" film is dated for November 4, 2022 so maybe that's why Marvel booked the October date that year. I could easily see that changing and the Marvel film going to November 4 unless that Disney live action is a really big deal. These things change all the time though.

I don’t know about everyone else, but I’m not particularly looking forward to seeing where cinema heading in the 2020s. 2019 has been an extremely rough year at the box office, and judging from the increased amount of Marvel movies that we’ll be getting in a single year, Disney’s acquisition of Fox and the sheer volume of streaming services, movie theaters are starting to seem more and more like an endangered breed.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I don’t know about everyone else, but I’m not particularly looking forward to seeing where cinema heading in the 2020s. 2019 has been an extremely rough year at the box office, and judging from the increased amount of Marvel movies that we’ll be getting in a single year, Disney’s acquisition of Fox and the sheer volume of streaming services, movie theaters are starting to seem more and more like an endangered breed.

if Marvel/DC movies and franchise content is the only way people would go in masses to theaters, would you rather box office attendance to just decline? 

• Thanks 1

I honestly can’t wait for more mcu and dc movies to come out. I love going to the movies with my kids and that’s mostly all I can get them to go see now so I’m fine with more cbm coming out. 7-10 a year works great for my family.

The kids are too old now for animated stuff and they aren’t very interested in Star Wars. The only other things they like to see atm besides cbm are the Godzilla/kong monster movies and who knows what’s gonna happen after Godzilla  vs Kong. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

if Marvel/DC movies and franchise content is the only way people would go in masses to theaters, would you rather box office attendance to just decline? 

I’m pretty sure a big part of the reason that fewer people are going out to the movies these days is because Hollywood has placed an uncomfortable emphasis on big IPs. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

Since they already have writers rooms and showrunners, it sounds like all of the Disney+ shows after Falcon and Winter Soldier will arrive in 2021. So from Shang-Chi to She-Hulk that means the MCU will have 63 releases in 2021. The Scorsese Stan Outrage crew will be mad all year. 😎

Nah, we'll just ignore all the Disney+ crap.

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

3 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

I’m pretty sure a big part of the reason that fewer people are going out to the movies these days is because Hollywood has placed an uncomfortable emphasis on big IPs. 

or maybe general audiences prefer to see franchise films and movies from already established and well known IPs or directors (nolan or tarantino) and the studios are only taking advantage of that?

14 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

I think it has more to do with ticket prices. If a movie costs $13, you know I'm going to something I know I'll like.

Blame cinemas and their greed. If movies were $5-8, it would balance out the entire box office (unlike now where it is top heavy with a big drop subsequently).

37 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Mission Impossible 2 director joins Marvel hate train!

“John Woo fears Marvel movies "Will make young audiences get lost when it comes to knowledge about film"”

www.yahoo.com/entertainment/john-woo-fears-marvel-movies-185250924.html

But then it will be so much easier for writers/directors of new movies to lift complete plots from the classics without audiences realizing!  By sheer luck, I saw Mission: Impossible 2 about a week before watching Hitchcock's Notorious for the first time. The story of the latter was seeming so familiar to me, even though I knew I'd never seen Notorious before, when it clicked halfway through (the two movies share very similar plots) and then I got even more irritated with M:I:2. 

This Todd Phillips version of The Joker is the biggest threat Dc heroes ever met.

The guy can't even lace his shoes and gets beat up by everyone, is not very clever & is convinced the "system" is against him.

Cries too.

Feels sorry for himself.

Constantly whine.

Great dancer.

Best villain EVER !

Edited by The Futurist