Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

Did Scorsese even make any comment on Black Panther specifically? Wasn't he talking about the MCU in general?

of course not so this is a dumb ass comment (the full quote is even more self-absorbed) . Just plain stupid race baiting without any foundation. Loser. I bet he's butthurt that Phoenix is getting awards buzz. hey, all he had to do was give a good performance, it's not that hard. Sleepwalking didn't take him anywhere.

What people miss about Feige article is that he's campaigning hard for EG so it's gonna be interesting to see whether Joker or EG (or both or nom) make the blockbuster spot(s) in Best Picture. Eg has a shot with SAG Ensemble and both have a shot with PGA. I don't think RDJ will happen though SAG might throw him a bone (they tend to nominate and award actors that don't make it - Blunt last year). They also nominated bardem in Skyfall.

Edited by Valonqar
  • Knock It Off 1

2 hours ago, Valonqar said:

of course not so this is a dumb ass comment (the full quote is even more self-absorbed) . Just plain stupid race baiting without any foundation. Loser. I bet he's butthurt that Phoenix is getting awards buzz. hey, all he had to do was give a good performance, it's not that hard. Sleepwalking didn't take him anywhere.

What people miss about Feige article is that he's campaigning hard for EG so it's gonna be interesting to see whether Joker or EG (or both or nom) make the blockbuster spot(s) in Best Picture. Eg has a shot with SAG Ensemble and both have a shot with PGA. I don't think RDJ will happen though SAG might throw him a bone (they tend to nominate and award actors that don't make it - Blunt last year). They also nominated bardem in Skyfall.

Lol at race baiting. You sound rather butthurt yourself. 

16 minutes ago, Warmaster506 said:

Disaster test screening and DC is back to form lmao. 

I was hoping that David F. Sandberg’s test screenings video would’ve caused people to dial back on their obsession with these things.

Edited by WittyUsername

4 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Well, motive is clearly publicity for his no-buzz movie:

:redcapes:

right they both gave their comments for the exact same reason... which is that they're on a press tour and a journalist specifically asked them about it. The initial scorsese comment was a quick aside in a long interview i don't think he was thinking "oh boy i can't wait until this guy asks me about marvel movies my movie's gonna get so much sweet publicity from this." ditto chadwick here.

I heard what Boseman said last Friday afternoon, but I listen to Kermode and Mayo regularly. His comments are just getting clickbaited today? Lol, getting slow, Twitter. IIRC, they only aired part of his answer about the MCU, they play the entire interview this week.

I mean, I don't think white people can't get Black Panther or anything, but during this whole Marty vs Marvel drama, many have pointed out that life experience can affect a person's enjoyment of art.

7 minutes ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

I heard what Boseman said last Friday afternoon, but I listen to Kermode and Mayo regularly. His comments are just getting clickbaited today? Lol, getting slow, Twitter. IIRC, they only aired part of his answer about the MCU, they play the entire interview this week.

I mean, I don't think white people can't get Black Panther or anything, but during this whole Marty vs Marvel drama, many have pointed out that life experience can affect a person's enjoyment of art.

Yes also the media loves clickbait so. Many fall prey for that

The whole industry is cut from the same cloth but they all think only the other guy is. Your movie is up for awards, so you say something that grabs attention. could be salt against other movie/genre, could be "opening up" about some sad life event like Swanks' "I was a trailer trash" that is dragged on awards forums to this day so that's how I know about it :lol:. Or your movie is a bust so you throw a last ditch attempt to raise awareness by saying something equally clickbaity.

Either way, you never win as argument if you a) assume something, b) ascribe a motivation that you don't have proof for (MS is trashing MCU as a part of his Oscar campaign) and c) said motivation could easily apply to you (while I'm promoting my movie that has zero buzz). He's in the wrong here. His MCU mates handled MS comments much better. 

Edited by Valonqar

The way the MCU (or Marvel or superhero movies at large,DC Included, not sure what Scorcese & Coppola & their ilk know about them) is rubbing people the wrong way is

irrational to me.

Condescending & a bit insulting.

In short, it is quite sad.

Everybody is entitled to their opinion, but what is said about  Marvel & co goes way beyond than

"it s not my cup of tea."

I am sure Edgar Wright got a little wood reading Coppola & Scorcese hit pieces though.

C'est la vie.

Edited by The Futurist