Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

On 11/6/2019 at 5:14 PM, SpiderByte said:

Wow, as if the godawful redesign wasnt bad enough, now BoxOfficeMojo has some pages box office history locked behind a paywall for IMDBPro.

I've yet to go back to the site since the redesign. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, cax16 said:

Snyderbros are some of the creepiest bunch alive

His entire filmography is just mediocrity at best, so why would "his" cut be any better than the turd that was released in cinemas?  I hope it is released so the world can laugh at that version too.  This idea that that the "snyder cut" is gonna be like the Riddler's Kingdom of Heaven Director's Cut is just delusional after how mindbogglingly awful Batman "Vee" Superman was.

Edited by Ozymandias

8 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

His entire filmography is just mediocrity at best, so why would "his" cut be any better than the turd that was released in cinemas?  I hope it is released so the world can laugh at that version too.  This idea that that the "snyder cut" is gonna be like the Riddler's Kingdom of Heaven Director's Cut is just delusional after how mindbogglingly awful Batman "Vee" Superman was.

The Snyder cut of JL will be like the Donner cut of "Superman 2"..more of an interesting curiosity then a valid alternate version of a movie.

I don't hate Snyder as much as you do....I actually overall liked "MOS" but, yeah, he missed up BvS badly, even in the director's cut. It's slightly better then the theatrical cut in that it's not quite as confusing, but the huge flaws still remain.

Snyder is the perfect example of someone who impresses the easily impressed. He has flashy visual style that fools some people intho thinking he some geinus of Cinema.

And yeah, members of the Snyder CUlt are scary at times. Remember the death threats against critics who gave bad reviews to BvS.

Edited by dudalb

I am nowa bit tired with the whole Scorsese fuss. Scorsese film's speak every eloquently for themselves;his place as perhaps the best American director of the last quarter of the 20th century and first couple of decades of the 21st Century is secure.

Yes, I don't think Scorsese should have singled out Marvel Studios, and think his doubling down on it was a mistake, but the reactions of the nerds and the geeks are a lot worse then anything Scorsese said.

Edited by dudalb

26 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

I’ve said this before, but for me personally, I have no trouble believing that Snyder’s version of the movie would’ve been a big mess, but I’d still like to see it. I’m not one of those hardcore Snyder Cut enthusiasts, but I do think that Snyder’s plans for where the story was heading were interesting, and it’s kind of a shame that we’ll never get proper closure to the story that he started. That’s why I think it would be nice if we at least got to see the last thing he worked on before he left. 

At the very least, I’m pretty sure it would’ve made for a more interesting film than the overly safe and generic mishmash we ended up getting. 

30 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

His filmography is mediocrity at best to you. I don't understand what's creepy about other people having a different opinion and wanting to see his version.

• Thanks 1

You see, when Disney does something, its gonna be done RIGHT 🙂.

That Star Wars show on Disney+ has big budget special effects. They didnt avoid anything that required too much CGI work and costs.

Marvel, unless its the big Avengers film production, has always been more on the frugal side, especially their TV and streaming stuff.

The TV shows, excluding Inhumans, featured grounded characters, in which they could get away with tv level production. The Netflix shows...grounded characters, effects kept low...

I BET you...those Disney Marvel streaming shows will feature slightly below movie level production and effects 😂! Look at that Star Wars show! The effects are somewhere between premium cable and movie level! The Loki series will INCLUDE the various nine realms monsters, mutants and freaks that were avoided by the Marvel Studios movies!

I've wanted Legendary Pictures to do Thor, but Disney may get the job done 😂

9 minutes ago, OdinSon2k14 said:

You see, when Disney does something, its gonna be done RIGHT 🙂.

That Star Wars show on Disney+ has big budget special effects. They didnt avoid anything that required too much CGI work and costs.

Marvel, unless its the big Avengers film production, has always been more on the frugal side, especially their TV and streaming stuff.

The TV shows, excluding Inhumans, featured grounded characters, in which they could get away with tv level production. The Netflix shows...grounded characters, effects kept low...

I BET you...those Disney Marvel streaming shows will feature slightly below movie level production and effects 😂! Look at that Star Wars show! The effects are somewhere between premium cable and movie level! The Loki series will INCLUDE the various nine realms monsters, mutants and freaks that were avoided by the Marvel Studios movies!

I've wanted Legendary Pictures to do Thor, but Disney may get the job done 😂

Have to agree with you here. Star Wars in general - both movies and TV - is far superior to Marvel in terms of visuals and special effects.

Feige took issue with Scorsese’s comments on Marvel movies’ lack of risk, pointing to the high body count in Avengers: Infinity War:

“We did Civil War. We had our two most popular characters get into a very serious theological and physical altercation. We killed half of our characters at the end of a movie. I think it’s fun for us to take our success and use it to take risks and go in different places.”

• Haha 6