Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

1 hour ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

I'm still not entirely sure how that made it through, who signed off on that?! 

I think they just ran out of money. The battle Rhino looks even worse....:gold:

6 hours ago, Macleod said:

In Warner Bros. archives and the Wachowski's home file folders.  They wrote a treatment for it during the 1990s that never got made.

...You can always check out Ralph Dibney/Elongated Man, currently on The CW's The Flash... 😁

Don't get cheeky with me kid. 😑

Spoiler

I've seen it and I found it not all that great. Serviceable though for the character. 

I'm still not entirely sure how that made it through, who signed off on that?! 

Same people who signed off on the third-act CGI for 'Wonder Woman.' :D

Seriously, it's like the budget ran out in both films for the final battles...

Loved them both to death, but I wished that those third acts had been better rendered.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, StevenG said:

Loved them both to death, but I wished that those third acts had been better rendered.

If only they had James Cameron as an advisor on all these films. 😭

Are you sure? Pokemon is HUGE! 

It came out in an article recently that GTA 5 is the most profitable single entertainment earner of all time earning 6b. Maybe it doesn't take into account franchises as a whole as even marvel have made over 6b

I would rather have a good "cape" movie then a visually beautiful but otherwise mediocre film like "Avatar".

The biggest problem I have with the Cameron fanboys here is that they run down everything but James Cameron films.

Edited by dudalb

3 hours ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Are you sure? Pokemon is HUGE! 

Pokemon has way more cultural capital globally, but a new pokemon game costs much less than a GTA game and now they have micro transactions.

5 hours ago, StevenG said:

I know several of the BP cast got paid more than the usual for their first film but it still had a budget bigger than any other first or even non CW or Avengers film - $210m after rebates.  I just can't understand why the VFX especially in the fight between BP & Killmonger was so wretched.  There have been shoddy shots here and there but a whole scene?

Edited by TalismanRing

5 hours ago, Istealnames said:

I think GTA is more than pokemon.

Pokemon is right on the cusp of overtaking Super Mario as the best selling franchise ever (that doesn't include free app downloads). Considering video games are the most expensive popular entertainment medium by a mile, it would certainly make sense for the top video game franchise to be the top franchise grosser across all mediums. Then you have the trading cards, which have been popular for decades. Then once you add in how ridiculously massive Go was for awhile and the absurd $$$ in microstransactions they were generating for awhile, then Pokemon is without any question the top earner ever of all media franchises. 

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dudalb said:

I would rather have a good "cape" movie then a visually beautiful but otherwise mediocre film like "Avatar".

The biggest problem I have with the Cameron fanboys here is that they run down everything but James Cameron films.

Don't run down everything, just Marvel and Disney Star Wars.

I think the problem lies with you if you think those films are all that matters.

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, dudalb said:

otherwise mediocre

This is a joke, right?

Fall of Hometree

The mate-bond and betrayal of Neytiri

Neytiri putting on the gas mask to save Jake's life

Tsu'tey's death scene

Jake passing through the eye of Eywa

Jake running through the garden for the first time.

I wish all movies could be as mediocre as Avatar. None of the above moments rely being visually beautiful. It's difficult to think of anything in Marvel/Sequel-Wars with a single scene as emotional and authentic as those. And +1 to what @IronJimbo said, we praise other movies all the time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1