Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

35 minutes ago, excel1 said:

Fucking nuts that Marvel made a much better Justice League series than WB did by swapping Bats with Iron Man, Superman with Captain America, Joker with Loki and Luther with Thanos. 

Really just fucking amazing. 😤

What?:wintf:

12 hours ago, Napoleon said:

@dudalb stop spreading lies about me on other threads. I never said Endgame would fail, or anything close to that. Stop with this obsession. Don't make me call the police.

You wouldn't really call the police, would you? I know it's probably a stupid question but...ya never know.

11 minutes ago, jaybox said:

Nah No Man's Land seen alone is better than most of if not all of CM. I felt like CM went through the motions. It was "necessary" but nothing special. 7-7.5 from me which is for some is accurate and for others is hating. WW's high notes: No Man's land, the crew WW rolled with, the movie score, the chemistry between Pine and Gadot, the fact that WW's character was so naive in regards to understanding the nature of mankind/humans, I really felt the movie was pretty stellar. The 3rd act falters but is no worse than run of the mill villain comic book movie fare ala Iron Man's Iron Monger, Whiplash, Ant Man's 3rd act, Hero meets final boss level esque stuff etc >  Captain Marvel. 

Meanwhile for CM it felt like the relationship between Cage and Danvers was forced, Brie, who is an excellent actor, seemed to sleep walk through the role with little to no charisma at all, which could be due to the fact she was brainwashed, but even when she had her epic "standing" scene other than that meh.

Solid but probably a middle of the pack comic book movie imo; I'd place (off the top of my head) All of Nolan's movies, Batman and Batman Returns, Superman the Movie, Superman 2, Wonder Woman, Raimi's Spider-Man 1 and 2, Hellboy 1 and 2, Kick Ass, Scott Pilgrim, X2, X-Men, DOFP, XM:FC, Deapool 1 and 2, Iron man 1, Thor 1 and 3, Guardians 1 and 2, Ant Man 1 and 2, All three Captain America's, Avengers 1 and 3, V For Vendetta, A History of Violence and maybe even a fair portion of Aquaman over Captain Marvel. CM is def better than Ultron, Iron Man 2/3, Thor 2, Man of Steel, BvS, Suicide Squad, and maybe incredible hulk (which i found to be not a bad as others to be honest it's hanging around there).

Thanks for your insights. I agree that CM is in the middle of the pack but so is WW. No man's land doesn't feel so special for me, neither does the chemistry between Diana and Steve. It feels like a generic war-fantasy-romantic movie. Maybe it works for you but not for me. Plus Gal's acting is definitely a drawback.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Oh God.

The short version:

1) Avatar made 2,78B Worldwide.

-> That means many people saw it.

->And many must have liked it, otherwise it wouldnt have grossed that much.

2) The film is coming out in December and thus will have great help from the Holidays for legs. Also, it will be positioned as the big action tentpole of the season, scaring away heavy competition. The exact same tactic just made Aquaman into a 1,1B grosser.

3) We have no marketing yet. No trailers, no posters nothing. Lets wait, shall we? A single teaser can make Avatar 2 into one of the most anticipated films of 2020.

4) It will be an actiion-heavy visual spectacle. That fares very well in Asia, especially China.

And more and more and more

I dont want to go on, you get the idea.

Exactly. Avatar had so many factors that made it the highest grossing film of all time.

4 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Oh God.

The short version:

1) Avatar made 2,78B Worldwide.

-> That means many people saw it.

->And many must have liked it, otherwise it wouldnt have grossed that much.

2) The film is coming out in December and thus will have great help from the Holidays for legs. Also, it will be positioned as the big action tentpole of the season, scaring away heavy competition. The exact same tactic just made Aquaman into a 1,1B grosser.

3) We have no marketing yet. No trailers, no posters nothing. Lets wait, shall we? A single teaser can make Avatar 2 into one of the most anticipated films of 2020.

4) It will be an actiion-heavy visual spectacle. That fares very well in Asia, especially China.

And more and more and more

I dont want to go on, you get the idea.

1) People saw it because of the 3D/Technological gimmick.  No one remembers the actual movie. No one connected with the characters. No one cares about the plot. There is absolutely no reason to return to “Pandora”.  

2) Aquaman is a superhero movie. The most popular “genre” of movies right now.  It doesn’t matter when Avatar is released because not many people will bother showing up either way 

3) you’re right about that. But we have members here saying it’s going to smash and gross billions (like you) despite there being no promo or trailers. I think I have the same right to share my opinion as well. 

4) Many Hollywood blockbusters spectacles gross around 100~ million in China. So Avatar smashing there isn’t a gurantee. 

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 2

17 minutes ago, AndyLL said:

Moderation:

OK... let's not get I to the WW vs CM discussion again.... that led to thread bans last time

all is started by someone who can't stand the fact the CM is surpassing WW domestic.

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, HeadShot said:

But will people care?... Avatar is literally unknown and forgotten. This isn’t going to be a  “Jurassic world” where the first movie is beyond iconic and loved.  I don’t think it will even reach 1 billion. 

That’s just horsecrap & bullshit. It’s the highest grossing film of all time in terms of the worldwide gross. It is far more popular & iconic than you assume it is.

I assume you’re just saying that because you hated that film.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Alli said:

Critique Avatar all you want, but it brought innovation to movie making. What did Marvel brought...anything extraordinary?

The one and only connected movie universe (conjuring aside, I haven't seen any). It was equally difficult to make as two highest grossing films in a row

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Alli said:

Critique Avatar all you want, but it brought innovation to movie making. What did Marvel brought...anything extraordinary?

Well gee, I certainly can’t think of any long-term effect on the Marvel Cinematic Universe on Hollywood /s

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, HeadShot said:

1) People saw it because of the 3D/Technological gimmick.  No one remembers the actual movie. No one connected with the characters. No one cares about the plot. There is absolutely no reason to return to “Pandora”.  

2) Aquaman is a superhero movie. The most popular “genre” of movies right now.  It doesn’t matter when Avatar is released because not many people will bother showing up either way 

3) you’re right about that. But we have members here saying it’s going to smash and gross billions (like you) despite there being no promo or trailers. I think I have the same right to share my opinion as well. 

4) Many Hollywood blockbusters spectacles gross around 100~ million in China. So Avatar smashing there isn’t a gurantee. 

*Sigh*

I hope some here feel my pain reading this.

I dont feel like disussing something ive discussed for years now just 1 thing for you: The Number 1 fatal mistake one can make when predicting box office is letting one's own opinion cloud the judgement on the numbers. Im pretty sure you dont like Avatar. Thats fine, i dont really like it either. But for many many reasons that are obvious to anyone following the box office for some time, Avatar 2 will gross a shitton of money unless it royally, totally sucks which i dont think it will.

And with that im done with this, its only derailing the thread anyway.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, HeadShot said:

You don't really understand Cameron's history in China, do you?

1 minute ago, bladels said:

Only nerds bring it up cuz its box office. Nobody remember any character from it

Yeah the only time I see anything about avatar go viral it’s always a joke about how forgotten it is. Lol. But I’m not gonna argue more over this. Time will show the truth. 

Just now, HeadShot said:

Yeah the only time I see anything about avatar go viral it’s always a joke about how forgotten it is. Lol. But I’m not gonna argue more over this. Time will show the truth. 

Just make sure that you're still here by Dec 2020, we'll have this discussion again.

5 minutes ago, bladels said:

Only nerds bring it up cuz its box office. Nobody remember any character from it

Well, i at least remember the characters, who they are and which actors/actresses played them. One example is Zoe Saldana, and she is pretty well-known as Neytiri in that movie. Which was years before she would play Gamora in the GOTG-films.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34
  • Like 1