grim22

Ocean's Eight | June 8, 2018 | WB | Gary Ross directing, Bullock, Blanchett, Hathaway, Rihanna, Bonham Carter, Kaling, Paulson and Awkwafina. Social Media Embargo up

6 minutes ago, grim22 said:

You may not like it, but that is how it is. Even on her show, she refers to herself as "brown", in India the preferred usage is dark-skinned or dark-complexioned which is what is specified in matrimonial ads. 

Yeah and it is rotten. Because that fuckery has ruined carribean islands politics up to this day where indian hate "black" (read carribean of mixed/african descent) and vice versa. My dad is dark skinned indian and my mum "black" and lighter than him, and it's appalling and repelling how indians get upset to be considered "black" like it's a blatant insult to them and won't identify black people as equal.

Edited by dashrendar44

3 minutes ago, dashrendar44 said:

Yeah and it is rotten. Because that fuckery has ruined carribean islands politics up to this day where indian hate "black" (read carribean of mixed/african descent) and vice versa. My dad is dark skinned indian and my mum "black" and lighter than him, and it's appalling and repelling how indians get upset to be considered "black" like it's a blatant insult to them and won't identify black people as equal.

Indians aren't black its a simple as that, in my experience its like calling a Turk and arab its just wrong and people get upset

41 minutes ago, dashrendar44 said:

giphy.gif

(That reminds me of my racist charcoal black indian aunt who get all riled up when you say she's black even though my creole mum is considered black despite being way lighter than her...because obviously only african descent people can be black skinned...So "black" is not a color but an ethnic origin marker now?!...So that means I'm part-black, part-Indian then even though both parents are black-skinned...Geez the stupidity...)

Umm no. I never mentioned anything about Africa considering the fact that Rihanna isn't from Africa and she's considered black. You're making this a bigger deal than it is. Mindy Kaling considers herself of Indian decent and even has a brother who faked being "black" to get into medical school. Which shows you were society stands on how they view people from India. Its not as white and black as you make it out to be. Its not just about the color of the persons skin, which seems to be your argument. If your dark skinned then your black! Especially considering the fact that most people in the black community don't consider Indians to be apart of their community. You can turn this into a race debate all you want, my end of the conversation will end now because my point wasn't to do that but to point to the fact that Rihanna, if she was cast to fulfill the POC mo, needs to go away because she cant act her way out of a paper bag especially compared to the ladies cast and other ladies in Hollywood

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, boomboom234 said:

Indians aren't black its a simple as that, in my experience its like calling a Turk and arab its just wrong and people get upset

No it's not "as simple as that". It's historically and politically loaded to make a hierarchy between dark skinned people by the former slavers. As a black lad of west indies origin, I witness its absurdity and rooted prejudice since my infancy in my family.

Edited by dashrendar44

4 minutes ago, Nova said:

Umm no. I never mentioned anything about Africa considering the fact that Rihanna isn't from Africa and she's considered black. You're making this a bigger deal than it is. Mindy Kaling considers herself of Indian decent and even has a brother who faked being "black" to get into medical school. Which shows you were society stands on how they view people from India. Its not as white and black as you make it out to be. Its not just about the color of the persons skin, which seems to be your argument. If your dark skinned then your black! Especially considering the fact that most people in the black community don't consider Indians to be apart of their community. You can turn this into a race debate all you want, my end of the conversation will end now because my point wasn't to do that but to point to the fact that Rihanna, if she was cast to fulfill the POC mo, needs to go away because she cant act her way out of a paper bag especially compared to the ladies cast and other ladies in Hollywood

You're saying Mindy Kaling is not a POC unlike Rihanna, it's how non-sensical your stance got.

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mrqe93 said:

Awkwafina...? Is she a YouTube star or something? How did she beat others to join the cast full of Oscar winners (and a nominee) like Sandra Bullock, Cate Blanchett, Anne Hathaway and Helena Bonham Carter?

She is kind of odd woman out in such a star stuffed cast, kind of funny. 

• Like 2

Indian people are definitely not black lol. Black people are people who are of African descent..... I know race is a social construct but Mindy Kailing is not considered black in anyway. Why is this even an argument? 

Edited by ban1o

3 hours ago, dashrendar44 said:

Why people act like Rihanna is the sole POC in this cast? Let alone the "token" black actress to fulfill a quota?

Mindy-Kaling.jpg

Mindy Kaling is black and she's a talented actress.

lol

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i swear i saw an interview with paul feig where he said the specific reason the heat 2 doesn't exist is because sandra doesn't do sequels anymore because she's had some rough ones in the past.

BRING ON THE PATRIC

v1.bjs1NTIyNzE7ajsxNzA2MTsxMjAwOzE5MjA7M

• Like 5