CJohn

Creed 2 | Nov 21 2018 | Steven Caple to direct. Production begins March

Creed 2
Opening Weekend Range: $20 – 25 million

The film’s first teaser has generated solid buzz online since debuting nearly two months, while the most recent trailer released this week has stirred up positive conversation once again. While we’re expecting some diminished returns from 2015’s predecessor, the return of Michael B. Jordan and Sylvester Stallone in a natural sequel that again touches on the franchise’s nostalgic roots should play to this follow-up’s hopes of counter-programming against the holiday season’s tentpole films.

15 minutes ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

I don’t know why, to the contrary it should increase.

MBJ hot off from Black Panther + the expected and anticipated Creed vs Drago rematch (via their sons) and great trailers as well. I literally can’t stop rewatching the newest trailer.

20m is specially hard when we consider that the previous one had a wednesday start, that 29m OW is not really reflective for a regular friday openning, it was at 42m by the end of is first sunday and would have done I imagine 35m with a regular friday start.

And that the multi should be a lower one, a 20m start could easily an near 50% drop

I imagine it is based on the first one being a Ryan Coogler movie with a, 95% rotten tomatoes score 82 metacritic with a fresh proposition + the giant brand and a A cinemascore, that achieved a good internal multiplier.

This one seem way less fresh and should have a worst reception, just from how high the bar is.

Edited by Barnack

4 minutes ago, Frozen said:

The final cut is yet to be determined. They are still showing it to test audiences. Is that typical?

https://theblast.com/brigitte-nielsen-creed-ludmilla-drago-role-final-cut/

yes. Some big franchise don't do it cause they want to prevent spoilers from getting out, and some big directors can veto it cause they don't want audience to determine creative decision.  But most studios do it.