#ED

Star Wars The Force Awakens: Opening Weekend | Actuals In 1st Post | $247,966,675 | The Force Awoke... and it's not sleeping anytime soon | 119, 68, 60

14 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

I really hope it can beat Avatar DOM, that would be a fitting end!:wub:

I mean, if it opens with, lets say, $235m and plays like the shitty prequel movies...

TPM: $1,562,854,572

AOTC: $887,378,283

ROTS: $824,114,838

or if you look at the average multiplier of the top 10 December openings, and worst and best legs, you get...

Average: $1,131,545,858

Best Case: $2,287,490,326 (Avatar multiplier...never happening, but one can wish. :P)

Worst Case: $780,356,514 (IAL multiplier)

What I'm trying to say is, in my opinion, Avatar is going down.

If The Phantom Menace was able to do well, and it was soo shitty, what makes you think that a great quality star wars film can't have amazing legs?

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Mango said:

Maybe percentage wise, until you actually look at the numbers and see that it made $120 million over Christmas weekend.

Yeah, percentage wise, the drop is going to look really bad, but if we take the previews out, maybe it won't look so bad? 

I mean, JW dropped nearly 50% (49%). It would look bad (percentage wise) if it has the same fate.

You know what, we can all speculate until the cows come home but the bottom line is the next 10 week days are going to play like summer weekdays but the difference the weekends will play like Christmas weekends...so just for arguments sake:

247 weekend off a 57 mill Sunday:

Let's just say it follows something like 2010

Monday:  37

Tuesday:  36

Wednesday:  36

Thurs: 25

Christmas Day:  50

Sat: 60

Sun: 48

And that's not unrealistic.

That's 540 million by the end of Christmas weekend.

• Like 8

I would say Disney will stay conservative and say 50 million for Sunday for -26% drop and 238 million weekend.

As of now Sunday business seems epic with JW and TA, but  I think late sunday business like past 9-10 pm seems rather soft so I say 55 million Sunday for it. 

Very impressive Saturday number if true. Being able to basically match JW and TA1 after burning off 120 million and dealing with the Christmas shopping period.

Cannot wait to see what type of numbers it pulls during the week and especially Christmas Day!  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, terrestrial said:

In case you forgot ( I think you know that usually) Sunday in the US are not to compare with our country, especially not Sunday before X-Mas. Unlike ours, their stores are open.

The Sunday before (and the one after) Christmas usually has better drops than the Sundays even in the thick of the summer, because plenty of people don't have to work or go to school the following Monday. In other words, they are somewhat inflated. Whether stores are open or not, that's what the numbers tell.

23 minutes ago, Baumer Fett said:

You know what, we can all speculate until the cows come home but the bottom line is the next 10 week days are going to play like summer weekdays but the difference the weekends will play like Christmas weekends...so just for arguments sake:

$158m second weekend... it would be absurdly great. Avatar could be done after 3rd weekend and billion would be in play. And the most absurd thing is that it could happen.

• Like 4

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

thread grew less than 25 pages overnight? I thought this forum was full of star wars fans but I guess not.

I know, I read through all the pages for once. Well, skimmed past them. I assume the forum kept shitting the bed, it's been doing that all weekend

34 minutes ago, Baumer Fett said:

$150 million second weekend? Ballsy, but I like it. If that did happen I think $1 billion domestic is definitely going down.

As of right now I think we're gunning for $800 million or so.

1 hour ago, Dan9 said:

I'm all out of likes. BUT I LIKE THIS VERY MUCH. 

Gold Account (monthly pay = $15/month)

500 "Likes" a Day

Ad-Free Viewing

Custom Avatar

Custom Member Title

Custom Signature

Personal Blog

Ability to send Private Chats to members in Chat Room

Access to Special Forum

Upload Images to Gallery

Add Events to Community Calender

PM Box Increased to 150

Premium Account (monthly pay = $10/month)

150 "Likes" Per Day

Ad-Free Viewing

Custom Avatar

Custom Member Title

Custom Signature

Personal Blog

Add Events to Community Calender

Special Forum Access

PM Box Increased to 100

Silver Account (monthly pay = $8/month)

100 "Likes" a Day

Ad-Free Viewing

Custom Avatar

Custom Member Title

PM Box Increased to 75

Copper Account (monthly pay = $5/month)

Ad-Free

75 likes/day

Custom Avatar

All account types have a reduced per year ammount FOR THE MOMENT (sales promotion?)

example Copper: $50/year

I've nerver ever run out of likes with 'my' 500 per 24h (rolling?) allowed ;):P:lol:

10 minutes ago, Elessar said:

The Sunday before (and the one after) Christmas usually has better drops than the Sundays even in the thick of the summer, because plenty of people don't have to work or go to school the following Monday. In other words, they are somewhat inflated. Whether stores are open or not, that's what the numbers tell.

I didn't spoke about drops / percentages, I spoke about usual BOs for the 'Advent Samstage und Sonntage'. If their Sundays are open too and tons of people use is e.g. for buying gifts the drops are maybe nice, but the results far deeper / worse than in the summer, see my post with the examples.

I mean Avatar on #76 of all of the best Saturdays of all time? And so on.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

thread grew less than 25 pages overnight? I thought this forum was full of star wars fans but I guess not.

7 minutes ago, Chewy said:

I know, I read through all the pages for once. Well, skimmed past them. I assume the forum kept shitting the bed, it's been doing that all weekend

Forum was several times down...