Alpha

88TH ANNUAL ACADEMY AWARDS Discussion Topic (LIVE! Today's discussion begins on pg 33)

That's was probably the most ridiculous and unfair Oscar edition in a damn long time! Tommy Hardy was the NAME of 2015, he had 3 hits, including 2 movies acclaimed by critics, and left without his award? Is this serious? He turned 2 movies that was locked to be flops into acclaimed movies by critical and public, and, still, the Academy ignores him, I don't know why I'm surprised, they never would give an Oscar to a British actor for 2 years in a row, well, what matters is that he has the acclamation of public and real critics. 

• Like 1

Looking back, my favorite moments of the night

Mark Rylance winning and everyone melting down that the better performance won.

The Bear randomly showing up

The whole documentary short section

Ennio Morricone's acceptance speech (Wasn't my favorite score of the year, but the man's done more than enough work to deserve some recognition)

My least favorite moment

Writings on the Wall winning when it deserves a Razzie, especially after Sam Smith's terrible live performance

I didn't have any REAL problems last night. Glad Brie Larson won, and while I had bet on Stallone last night, the better performance did win.

Although I would have rather had Room or Big Short win BP tho. And ex machina was a huge shock.

23 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

That's was probably the most ridiculous and unfair Oscar edition in a damn long time! Tommy Hardy was the NAME of 2015, he had 3 hits, including 2 movies acclaimed by critics, and left without his award? Is this serious? He turned 2 movies that was locked to be flops into acclaimed movies by critical and public, and, still, the Academy ignores him, I don't know why I'm surprised, they never would give an Oscar to a British actor for 2 years in a row, well, what matters is that he has the acclamation of public and real critics. 

The ridiculous thing is, he gave arguably the best lead performance of the year in Legend which wasn't even recognised lol. The academy like the power they have. Its like that one mate we all have, who is a massive hipster except there's about 80 of them telling the world what the best films are in categories they probably don't know much about. Im sure Spotlight was a good film, im yet to see it but its no surprise that when there's a few films who have an equal chance of taking home the best pic award, they end up picking the films barely anyone has seen. Im glad the Revenant didn't win though, damn that film was overrated.

On another note, how the fuck did douche bag win best director for essentially just letting his talented actors work in shitty conditions? Im sorry but Mad Max was clearly directed far better than the Revenant, and this is coming from someone who finds Mad Max overrated as hell but was clearly directed to perfection. Damn the academy are pretentious lol.

10 hours ago, The Panda said:

Nothing, like it deserved.

You taking the piss right? well everyone has their unpopular opinions. The Martian was better than the Revenant, Big Short, Room, Mad Max and the big short. Cant say anything about Spotlight as im yet to see it, so yeah, in your face. Had it only made about 10m, it would have won lol

Edited by Jessie

10 hours ago, The Panda said:

Nothing, like it deserved.

You taking the piss right? well everyone has their unpopular opinions. The Martian was better than the Revenant, Big Short, Room, Mad Max and the big short. Cant say anything about Spotlight as im yet to see it, so yeah, in your face. Had it only made about 10m, it would have won lol

It's only better than two of those

11 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

100 pages?! Yeah, I'm not reading that. :lol: 

Please, do not go to the Red Carpet stuff. Please. I wanna keep my job as a mod here. Stick to the pages about the actual Ceremony. 

Still not crazy about Stallone losing, but that'll pass :P

but really, the thank you scrolls didn't work.  I don't blame the scroll or the concept since I think it was a great idea, but they did the scrolls when the winner was announced and then the winners apparently forgot they did that and decided to thank all the people in their speeches anyway :P 

Edited by 75live
  • Like 1