Kalo

Black Widow | July 9 2021 | ScarJo secures the bag from Disney

3 minutes ago, kitik said:

What is this crap? It looks like somebody made of a list of every actress who's been in a spy movie or whatever.

(Note: I like all of them. It just looks like a lazily made list.)

They casting breakdown hints a role for an *female bond*

The two most interesting roles call for “contemporaries” to the Widow and are looking for actors in their late-20s to early 30s. The first is a “kick ass” female character described as a “female Bond” while the other is for a male with an emphasis on African, Middle Eastern or East Indian actors.

I think this shorlist is for this role, except Eva who is a little old for this call :wacko: 

3 hours ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

"The first thing I asked them was maybe if they could change the special effects because there's so many laser lights... I find them horrible. Also the soundtrack of Marvel films is quite horrendous. Maybe we disagree on this but it's really hard to watch a Marvel film. It's painful to the ears to watch Marvel films."

I 'hear' a diffrence between not liking the soundtracks of MCU movies (some are a bit boring - in parts at least - o my ears) and them being 'painful/horrendous', but that is only my opinion

I guess the laser light remark was about past MCU movies, not as part of the script.

Can't explain why I guess that

Am, I am not surprised she didn't get the job

1 hour ago, terrestrial said:

I 'hear' a diffrence between not liking the soundtracks of MCU movies (some are a bit boring - in parts at least - o my ears) and them being 'painful/horrendous', but that is only my opinion

I guess the laser light remark was about past MCU movies, not as part of the script.

Can't explain why I guess that

Am, I am not surprised she didn't get the job

The laser lights and soundtrack remark are not the biggest takeaway from that. This is:

After talking to Marvel Studios, she doesn't believe that they want female filmmakers taking charge of action scenes. 

"Marvel and other such production houses are trying to involve more female filmmakers," she said. "They also told me, 'Don't worry about the action scenes, we will take care of that.' I was thinking, 'Well I would love to meet Scarlett Johansson but also I would love to make the action sequences.'"

"Companies are interested in female filmmakers but they still think action scenes are for male directors," 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Spidey Freak said:

The laser lights and soundtrack remark are not the biggest takeaway from that. This is:

I read that too.

Not to me

I am female, I am all for more females,... but:

she stated: the first question she asked,..... was not about what they imagine/aim for, or which characters are legal usable or..., it was an indirect and immediate 'condemnation' of the existing material, the dismissal of details the others want maybe

like there might have been  already ideas, reasons for a certain style,... an already cast / booked stunt / whatever or bcs her resume didn't show any fights, or the person(s) before her was nervous about that, or..... e.g. Scarlett Johansson want to do / create those or,..

to me it doesn't sound like its a 100% thing that she wouldn't be allowed to at least add to it, to show with e.g. a scene that she can do it (acc to IMDb she has no resume for fights/action at all).

Why didn't she asked that as a first question, the reasons why? Or,...

If she doesn't like the style of an MCU, why would they (MCU) bother to try it with her and the other way around, why did she even spoke with them about it?

I do belief that the studios in general (the title is a bit of a click-bait incl the intro, she seems to have said Marvel and other such production houses - to my non native ears her formulations sounds a bit strange) will be sceptical about that, in their place I would also be sceptical about a male director who never did action,.... that should be spoken about, how to get them (no matter the gender) the experience (special workshop????), how to reduce the gap

• Like 2

Shame on Marvel for getting female directors only for show, without having any intention to let them actually direct. But I can't say I'm surprised. After 10 years, and 20 movies, not one single them focused on a female superhero, goes to show how much they care about the issue.

I feel sorry for Scarlett Johansson, watch them fill this movie with several other characters. This will be just another team-up, not a real solo film. They still have no faith in their female superheroes.

2 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Shame on Marvel for getting female directors only for show, without having any intention to let them actually direct. But I can't say I'm surprised. After 10 years, and 20 movies, not one single them focused on a female superhero, goes to show how much they care about the issue.

I feel sorry for Scarlett Johansson, watch them fill this movie with several other characters. This will be just another team-up, not a real solo film. They still have no faith in their female superheroes.

Shame that you didn't read the article

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

The worst thing about your constant hatred for anything to do with the MCU is that it is so damn boring. It's like listening to a broken record, over and over.

And last time I looked Marvel has a little film called "Captain Marvel" with a female lead coming up...

Edited by dudalb

5 minutes ago, dudalb said:

The worst thing about your constant hatred for anything to do with the MCU is that it is so damn boring. It's like listening to a broken record, over and over.

And last time I looked Marvel has a little film called "Captain Marvel" with a female lead coming up...

If someone picks out of a huge colourful mosaic the few black stones, the newly created 'picture' will be bleak,... aehm black.

But to try to 'proof' with that picture the complete mosaic to be black, that seems to be what people like Napoleon seem so unconvincingly to try.

On 12/13/2018 at 2:35 PM, terrestrial said:

I would also be sceptical about a male director who never did action,

Exactly. I would imagine that the Marvel crew handled most of that stuff in Ragnarok and most of the movies directed by indie directors that have no clue about a +$150m movie. The fact that she thought it was about her being a female is the only sexist thing about it. 

Feige did talk about how it was so unusual that Coogler brought his whole crew for Black Panther. And God knows Marvel should've helped him more with the fight scenes. 

we'll hear more when Endgame comes out cause that will reveal whether BW lives or dies (but her solo movies are prequels). I bet on lives cause prequels are always tougher sell at the boxoffice when you know how the story ends. they'll want to go forward, not just backwards. Didn't work out for SW spin-offs.

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1

On 1/8/2019 at 2:06 AM, expensiveho said:

Exactly. I would imagine that the Marvel crew handled most of that stuff in Ragnarok and most of the movies directed by indie directors that have no clue about a +$150m movie. The fact that she thought it was about her being a female is the only sexist thing about it. 

Feige did talk about how it was so unusual that Coogler brought his whole crew for Black Panther. And God knows Marvel should've helped him more with the fight scenes. 

Did you see Creed? I mean, I too would be confident in my ability to shoot hand to hand combat scenes if I were Coogler or had just come off doing that movie.

Didn't work so well this time, but one can only better with next attempts.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

A part of me, or more like 60 percent, still thinks this movie's not going to happen, lol.

It's incredible how after the pompous announcement of the Phase 3, new movies are being kept in secret. Anyways, happy to see BW finally getting the respect she deserves.