Kalo

Black Widow | July 9 2021 | ScarJo secures the bag from Disney

5 hours ago, Napoleon said:

If they don't include another Avenger or two in the story, this is going to be one of the lowest grossing MCU movies. Nobody likes Scarlett Johansson.

I disagree. She was excellent in Ghost in the Shell.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Napoleon said:

If they don't include another Avenger or two in the story, this is going to be one of the lowest grossing MCU movies. Nobody likes Scarlett Johansson.

Just like clockwork. Bad Mouth the MCU.

And as for nobody likes Scarlett Johansson, why should I atrust the guy who talked about how people loved Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor?

35 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

No she wasn't. Nothing about that mediocre film was excellent.

I disagree wholeheartedly. The visuals and production design were top notch imo, and I appreciated how Scarlett Johansson tapped into the robotic nature of the Major character in her own way. She approached the role as an artist, and I must commend that no matter how mixed the reception was.

• Like 3

ScarJo is a decent actress, I like her.

But I'm a bit baffled how she tops the list of highest paid female actresses for the last year.

She's had one underperforming movie GitS basically. 

So I guess it must be Avengers residuals and the rest must all come from endorsements.

5 hours ago, AndyK said:

But I'm a bit baffled how she tops the list of highest paid female actresses for the last year.

So I guess it must be Avengers residuals and the rest must all come from endorsements.

Clooney topped the list with 200 million despite not appearing in a single movie in 2017. It was all from his business dealings. I reckon it must be the same for ScarJo and other actors who make a ton of money from ads, endorsements, business and residuals

5 hours ago, AndyK said:

for the last year.

13 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

not appearing in a single movie in 2017

Actor are not necessarily paid fully and just once the movie hit the screen, I imagine some of the salary is paid before the movie is made, some after, than all your life residual or better.

But even more possibly mis-understood, Forbes year are not January 1 to December 31, like often in the business world year do not match astrological years. There is a reason those list didn't pop up in January.

The list you are referring too are about the most paid actor between June 1, 2017 and June 1, 2018.

Not of 2017.

So Johansson had April 2018 Avengers bonus factored in there.

That make it harder for people to follow what,s what's and let them write pretty much anything without any clear breakdown (and reuse the same movie compensation 2 different year, etc...)

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, AndyK said:

Once you get paid they don't take back the check if the movie bombs.  It will only affect participation bonuses or deals tied to gross or profit.

Depending on how Forbes calculates these pay days and bonuses in a year span she had GiTS (reportedly $17m), Rough Night, Isle of Dogs, two Avengers movies and several endorsement deals.

The Rock over a year period had three under performers - two of which  Deadline thinks will never break even - and made $120m+.   He's also currently filming Jungle Cruise.

These lists aren't how much an actor gets paid per one movie, or what they're worth to particular project but their overall yearly income.    Forbes write ups rarely go into any detail and which films yielded what and over what span they're counting.  Is it when the actor gets paid, when the film is released or when the actor gets additional pay via bonuses?

For example - RDJ is listed at $81m.  Forbes mentions his 3 days on SM:HC for $15m but he filmed that in 2016.   Meanwhile when calculating Gadot's $10m they mostly credit her raise for the sequel which she's filming in 2018.

It's a mess of a list.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Actor are not necessarily paid fully and just once the movie hit the screen, I imagine some of the salary is paid before the movie is made, some after, than all your life residual or better.

But even more possibly mis-understood, Forbes year are not January 1 to December 31, like often in the business world year do not match astrological years. There is a reason those list didn't pop up in January.

The list you are referring too are about the most paid actor between June 1, 2017 and June 1, 2018.

Not of 2017.

So Johansson had April 2018 Avengers bonus factored in there.

That make it harder for people to follow what,s what's and let them write pretty much anything without any clear breakdown (and reuse the same movie compensation 2 different year, etc...)

Agreed but as I said Clooney did not have a single movie (apart from his Suburbicon which he directed, which was a flop) during this period. His last acted movie was a year before this time period started. As I said most of his money came from his business dealings - https://www.businessinsider.in/George-Clooney-made-nearly-twice-as-much-as-The-Rock-last-year-and-he-has-tequila-to-thank/articleshow/65514866.cms

So everyone's favorite scooper Jeremy Conrad aka Manabyte has been teasing some big BW news dor days now. I'm surprised this flew under the radar. Anyway, he's dropping something tomorrow and by the sound of his previous teasing, it has to do with BW's life as a Soviet spy and very possibly Bucky too. Check out these tweets:

it looks like he deleted the tweet referencing Bucky.

this tease about when he'll drop the news.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Valonqar said:

he deleted a tweet hinting at Bucky which makes more sense than Clint cause Bucky's way more popular with GA and movie fans. 

Eh if it's a prequel there is no Bucky, there's only Winter Soldier.   They could use him as a minor villain/foil. 

If it's not, Nat has zero relationship with Bucky.  She's only spoken to him once on screen while he tried to kill her (for about the third time)  and the only reason she cares tangentially about his existence is because he matters to Steve (and even then she recruited T'Challa in CW knowing he wanted Bucky dead).  That is unless they re-write Nat's history to big up Bucky like Bendis did in the comics. 😒

• Thanks 1