Kalo

Black Widow | July 9 2021 | ScarJo secures the bag from Disney

"Scarlett Johansson Says 'Black Widow' Movie Will Provide Closure"

She says in this interview: "I don't know if I can take it anymore without closure. It's too exhausting."

So she in implying this is her last time as the Black Widow. But it could be a misdirect. We'll have to wait and see.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

Worth noting that I'm pretty sure Scarlett's contract is up with this film.

Hypothetically they could make it a franchise starring Yelena Belova as a new Black Widow, but I have a feeling they're saving her for Young Avengers.

Her first contract was up originally with I think AIW.  Like others she then signed on for more movies one at a time.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

Her first contract was up originally with I think AIW.  Like others she then signed on for more movies one at a time.

Yeah, this was a new contract for her...and rumor is she's getting compensated well for it.

On 10/17/2019 at 1:35 PM, Marcus Cato said:

"Scarlett Johansson Says 'Black Widow' Movie Will Provide Closure"

She says in this interview: "I don't know if I can take it anymore without closure. It's too exhausting."

So she in implying this is her last time as the Black Widow. But it could be a misdirect. We'll have to wait and see.

SJ is meta-commenting on the never-ending-non-death-no-consequence scenarios of Marvel's comic-book-based output. 😂 Sure, all this stuff happened in the comics...but movies need to have some closure...arguably.  If people want never-ending sagas, go to TV.  But I know I'm shouting down a rabbit hole that only 5% of the current movie-going population will side with.

On 10/17/2019 at 9:26 AM, Valonqar said:

Many actor-directors also direct themselves and above quote from SJ doesn't sound like she's giving up Nat any time soon. 

She could also be perfectly interested in directing a future Black Widow movie...without her starring. 

Edited by Macleod

7 minutes ago, Macleod said:

She could also be perfectly interested in directing a future Black Widow movie...without her starring. 

Why do we need a new Black Widow?   Why would audiences be interested in a series of solo movies about a Black Widow in title only?    As a producer it would nice for Scarlett b/c she'd still be getting paid.    But while Scarlett had planned to direct a few years ago it never materialized.   Marvel has given films to directors w/o huge back catalogues but they have directed at least one film or TV series first.

Edited by TalismanRing

29 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Why do we need a new Black Widow?   Why would audiences be interested in a series of solo movies about a Black Widow in title only?    As a producer it would nice for Scarlett b/c she'd still be getting paid.    But while Scarlett had planned to direct a few years ago it never materialized.   Marvel has given films to directors w/o huge back catalogues but they have directed at least one film or TV series first.

Agreed on your first point.  I'm not advocating for this...just speculating as to what SJ and/or Marvel may be thinking...They could see BW as their "James Bond."  And I could also see SJ angling to direct the all-female Marvel superheroes project...if it ever happens.

On 10/14/2019 at 12:51 PM, ZeeSoh said:

Moderation: This topic has nothing to do with this movie. Please take any off topic chats to appropriate thread and keep this thread for discussions on the Black Widow movie only. 

Where is the thread for this topic?

1 hour ago, cheesypoofs said:

Where is the thread for this topic?

If you are referring to Hawkeye TV show, then i do not believe such a thread was created by anyone. Regardless you can create a thread on this topic in the “ TV Shows” section at - https://forums.boxofficetheory.com/forum/17-tv-shows/

If you are referring to a topic on Renner’s personal life and stuff then you can create a thread on it in the “Real World” secrtion at - https://forums.boxofficetheory.com/forum/16-the-real-world/

So about 1 month to trailer. Though this is my least awaited MCU film ever, but still waiting for it as it's been a long time since a MCU film.

@Thanos Legion was right. We can totally like 4 films per year. Or if not, I will trade the February release with November/December release.

I will like;

April End

July 1st Week

December Mid week

3 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

So about 1 month to trailer. Though this is my least awaited MCU film ever, but still waiting for it as it's been a long time since a MCU film.

@Thanos Legion was right. We can totally like 4 films per year. Or if not, I will trade the February release with November/December release.

I will like;

April End

July 1st Week

December Mid week

Rather trade the July for November. I like having one early middle end

I forget this is coming out. I expect the teaser during RoS. 

Love Scarlett but really down on Phase 4. From what I hear Disney is really pushing the progressive agenda. Besides, w/o the Phase 1-3 core we can expect lower returns (but still outpacing the rest of the industry).