Kalo

Black Widow | July 9 2021 | ScarJo secures the bag from Disney

The only thing that's at all interesting for me about this project so far are Thunderbolt Ross being in it -- props to Marvel for keeping him in the game (but no respect for Liv Tyler!)

...and also maybe The Taskmaster...used to like that guy in the comics.  So is it a mystery who's playing him, here?  

3 hours ago, Macleod said:

The only thing that's at all interesting for me about this project so far are Thunderbolt Ross being in it -- props to Marvel for keeping him in the game (but no respect for Liv Tyler!)

...and also maybe The Taskmaster...used to like that guy in the comics.  So is it a mystery who's playing him, here?  

It hasn't been announced but it sounds like its OT Fagbenle, in that they haven't announced his part and Ray Winstone is too fat

Edited by SpiderByte

3 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

It hasn't been announced but it sounds like its OT Fagbenle, in that they haven't announced his part and Ray Winstone is too fat

He’s playing Mason, “an ally from Romanoff’s S.H.I.E.L.D. past who is romantically interested in her”.

4 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

Just Googled this name.  Ah.  So that's a real dude.  Ha!  One of the funniest names I've ever heard!  Thought you were messin' around...😂

3 minutes ago, nick64 said:

He’s playing Mason, “an ally from Romanoff’s S.H.I.E.L.D. past who is romantically interested in her”.

"Liam Neeson will play

Spoiler

Ra's Al Ghul [redacted]

"Ducard," a mysterious ally to Ra's Al Ghoul."

Remember when Variety messed that one up?  🤣

9 hours ago, Nero said:

Can someone explain why Ross is so popular and the joke about him?

I can't even remember the original context of the joke here at BOT, either.

I just know that Hurt is accomplishing a very rare thing on screen -- this is his immense talent as an actor.  He's just hammy enough to make the performance lovable in the "comic book" sensibility, but he's such a good actor that the hamminess develops into something real with every successive second he and his wig are on screen.  His eyes, like most great actors, sell it.  And the fact that his character keeps popping up, despite being from a largely disowned movie within the canon, tells me that Feige either recognizes all of the above, and/or just loves messing with us.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2