Kalo

Black Widow | July 9 2021 | ScarJo secures the bag from Disney

They could move Black Widow to Next May. I dont see how Dr Strange 2 production will progress in next 6 months and so its improbable to make that date. So most blockbusters of this year at least up to summer can take next summer spots which would anyway be delayed due to delay in production. 

11 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

I really hope part of why they're taking so long is because they're trying to figure out how moving Black Widow would affect the rest of the Phase 4 MCU Films. 

There are rumors of interconnection between BW and F&WS at least to a small degree.  

Then WV-Loki-DS2 are all connected, how knows what Eternals or Shang-Chi might have been connected to, etc.     

Having 10 interwoven projects that you planned in a certain order gets really funky when a once in a generation exogenous event like this is wreaking havoc on both your release windows and production schedules. 

11 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

They could move Black Widow to Next May. I dont see how Dr Strange 2 production will progress in next 6 months and so its improbable to make that date. So most blockbusters of this year at least up to summer can take next summer spots which would anyway be delayed due to delay in production. 

Wut??? 1 year?? 

1 minute ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

Wut??? 1 year?? 

Fast 9 already did that. It all depends on what studio will think as the ideal release date for this. I am saying there will be all sorts of delay. if studio does not care about particular month/date or Imax then they can hold off on dates and pick one as soon as situation settles down. Or if they want to block date including Imax then block either a open date or replace another movie from the same studio with this. 

I dont think any big break out at least till end of June or at worse till the fall. 

7 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Fast 9 already did that. It all depends on what studio will think as the ideal release date for this. I am saying there will be all sorts of delay. if studio does not care about particular month/date or Imax then they can hold off on dates and pick one as soon as situation settles down. Or if they want to block date including Imax then block either a open date or replace another movie from the same studio with this. 

I dont think any big break out at least till end of June or at worse till the fall. 

F9 did that because they need to be absolutely sure they get a Chinese release, that is their main market. It's huge for Marvel but they're huge domestically too, while F&F has greatly declined.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ithil said:

F9 did that because they need to be absolutely sure they get a Chinese release, that is their main market. It's huge for Marvel but they're huge domestically too, while F&F has greatly declined.

The huge Fast delay had nothing to do with China. Chinese market is on track to recover months before DOM+Europe

• Like 2

Just now, Arendelle Legion said:

The huge Fast delay had nothing to do with China. Chinese market is on track to recover months before DOM+Europe

Yup. It's way more about Dom/Europe but also trying to find a comfortable space in the calendar. You don't just move to the first available date either, you choose a comfortable one. Hence - November for Bond or April for this, as far away as it is. And of course, actual space in the calendar.

53 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

No, they should move Black Widow to Nov and The Eternals to May. I think thats a much better way to work around this without delaying Black Widow too far away (they already burned through two trailers and a ton of spots for sporting events and stuff).

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

No, they should move Black Widow to Nov and The Eternals to May. I think thats a much better way to work around this without delaying Black Widow too far away (they already burned through two trailers and a ton of spots for sporting events and stuff).

They aren't going to push back their entire 2021 schedule like that. I don't see why Eternals has to move at all.

8 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

They aren't going to push back their entire 2021 schedule like that. I don't see why Eternals has to move at all.

They are gonna have to push their entire 2021 schedule either way because Dr Strange isn't making that May release date. There's a pretty good chance that they won't be able to start production when they initially wanted to (production probably already got delayed by a month or so because of Derrickson leaving and the virus will delay it again by a few months). If the coronavirus doesn't calm down by the end of July, Spider-man 3 might have to get delayed too.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Nah. August for Black Widow since it’ll help lead in to The Falcon and The Winter Soldier on Disney Plus.

2 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

They are gonna have to push their entire 2021 schedule either way because Dr Strange isn't making that May release date. There's a pretty good chance that they won't be able to start production when they initially wanted to (production probably already got delayed by a month or so because of Derrickson leaving and the virus will delay it again by a few months). If the coronavirus doesn't calm down by the end of July, Spider-man 3 might have to get delayed too.

They could always move production to Atlanta once Loki is over. Plus, apparently they still have plans to shoot in the UK with the UK being the only location allowed to fly to and back from America.

Just now, keysersoze123 said:

Problem is it wont get Imax if it goes to a slot where Disney has not already locked in Imax. I am not sure Studio will pick such dates. 

We’ll see. There’s nothing specific coming out in IMAX on August so I think you’re wrong and that it’ll move there.

8 minutes ago, Movies4Life said:

They could always move production to Atlanta once Loki is over. Plus, apparently they still have plans to shoot in the UK with the UK being the only location allowed to fly to and back from America.

Atlanta is a part of the US lol. Shooting won't happen anywhere in the US by the end of next month. Same with the UK.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Because none of the non Shang Chi MCU movies are fare enough in production.

8 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Because none of the non Shang Chi MCU movies are fare enough in production.

well other than doc strange 2 in may we dont know about the other, as both tv shows and movie will start shooting this year starting from july, tv shows too, at the same time some tv shows will shoot in nov, so other than doc strange 2, i dont see why they would move the movies that will shoot on july ,thats 4 months ,long way to do something like this