Kalo

Black Widow | July 9 2021 | ScarJo secures the bag from Disney

CM WW-C ~980M

FFH ~930M  

CW ~970M  

Those are all the McU movies that made 1B+ without being a top 5 monster DOM or WW. BW, frankly, would be very lucky imo to be on that level. WW-C 850 would be excellent, and I think whenever movies are actually getting released in China again, even with all the shuffling around and competition, it’ll make enough there to be close to or slightly over 1B. 

Edited by Arendelle Legion
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

I mean Captain Marvel made a billion without it, and Black Widow is an established character already. Not implausible that it could do on par with that.

That had the benefit of being hyped up by Infinity War and then being a sort of must see before Endgame. This does not have any of those advantages, it does not lead to anything bigger (not that we know of at least). CM was also a more flashy movie (in terms of superpowers and visuals) which is an advantage overseas, especially Asia. Also if the virus situation has not resolved by then it will affect this movie's gross in SE Asian markets.

5 minutes ago, john2000 said:

if it gets to a billion, it will probably be with china , the question is when black widow will be released there, even if this thing continues, i cant see how black widow , thats so hyped there, wont be able to hit 100 mill there, so i think that if the movie hits around 900 without china , then even if the virus continues, and widow release in jun/july it will be able to make 100 mill

IF the virus continues like this into March and April, the government wont open the cinemas. The movie just wont release. Even if the situation improves (or resolves) and cinemas open in a months time, the backlog will definitely affect the movie. The whole schedule will be incredibly crowded. It will face competition on its OW and will have to face new movies in its subsequent weekends too, something which would not have happened if things were normal. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, ZeeSoh said:

That had the benefit of being hyped up by Infinity War and then being a sort of must see before Endgame. This does not have any of those advantages, it does not lead to anything bigger (not that we know of at least). CM was also a more flashy movie (in terms of superpowers and visuals) which is an advantage overseas, especially Asia. Also if the virus situation has not resolved by then it will affect this movie's gross in SE Asian markets.

IF the virus continues like this into March and April, the government wont open the cinemas. The movie just wont release. Even if the situation improves (or resolves) and cinemas open in a months time, the backlog will definitely affect the movie. The whole schedule will be incredibly crowded. It will face competition on its OW and will have to face new movies in its subsequent weekends too, something which would not have happened if things were normal. 

i didnt say, that black widows chinas total, wont be affected , i said that it will , what i said is that if its close enough, then even with not good box office in china, it could cross, over the mark, as for other asian markets, i dont if there will be an affect or how big it will be, we will just have to wait and see

• Like 1

teaser trailer will hit 40 mill on main channel soon, interest seems high, higher than i expected it , anyway we will get a second trailer next month, and then probably the eternals first trailer/teaser in april

ps if i would have to predict the trailers in general  , 1) black widow in march , 2)first trailer of eternals in april , 3)first trailer of shang shi in june, 4)sec trailer of eternals in july comic con,5) sec trailer of shang shi  in october, 6)first trailer for doc strange 2 late nov/early dec , 7)first trailer for spidey 3, dec/early jan

ps 2, trailer for falcon and winter soldier probably next month , sec trailer for it, probably in june , first trailer for wanda vision august and sec  october, thats my guess

Edited by john2000
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, ZeeSoh said:

And apparently Disney is taking a huge...280 Million. virus .hit from what is happening with it's Asia theme parks and resorts..either closed  in China and drastic drops in attendance at others.

32 minutes ago, dudalb said:

And apparently Disney is taking a huge...280 Million. virus .hit from what is happening with it's Asia theme parks and resorts..either closed  in China and drastic drops in attendance at others.

ok ? idk what this has anything to do with black widow , other than the obvious

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Frozen said:

Taskmaster is not a mutant, correct? 

Pretty sure he`s not. Just superhuman. 
I remember him from Avengers comics back when i read them in the 80`s. Both  as a villan and a hero

• Like 1