Kalo

Black Widow | July 9 2021 | ScarJo secures the bag from Disney

9 minutes ago, Thomas Beck said:

Has anything been revealed giving a reason to care about this movie yet?

Personally not that interested in a prequel about a now dead character, would seem better for the MCU to look forward and not backwards.

I don’t think you’re going to get much future connections out of the official marketing, but I think it’s a safe bet that Pugh will show up again and be important and I would not be surprised if stuff with Ross/Taskmaster/Red Guardian tied into MCU Thunderbolts somehow.

• Like 1

There is lots of stuff for future in the movie. 

Also, this movie will conclude the storyline started in Ant Man. 

Remember, In the end Hydra agents took Pym Particles from Cross. I have a feeling this movie will address that. 

Also, TFWS seems to be connected with this movie. 

• Like 2

Two more: Soul, if it performs like Inside Out ($857m), and No Time To Die, as I believe it should match SPECTRE ($880m)

To be clear, I'm expecting Black Widow to perform better than (but not significantly so) The Winter Soldier ($714m), which is not only the MCU film that appears to best resemble the tone of Black Widow, but also Widow's most prominent MCU appearance to this point. I'm guessing Black Widow earns somewhere around $850m global right now.

I don't believe Scarlett is as big a star overseas as some of the other Marvel folk. Scar Jo's top international earner (removing MCU and voice roles) is Lucy, which earned $330m overseas. Next up is Ghost in the Shell, $127m overseas.

Edited by OncomingStorm93

11 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

I don't think any of the summer releases are gonna be the highest grossing films of the year, unless they can make 1 bil WW-China.

Jeez, lets hope the vaccine is sorted earlier than that.

1 minute ago, TMP said:

Jeez, lets hope the vaccine is sorted earlier than that.

Even if it does there's going to be a huge backlog for scheduling and Chinese films will take priority.

We might be getting the equivalent of ASM & TDKR opening on the same weekend in 2012 every weekend for a couple of months.