Jump to content
Kalo

Black Widow | November 6, 2020 | William Hurt as General Thaddeus "Thunderbolt" Ross will save us all!

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Cap said:

Drop it on May 1 on Disney+.  🤷‍♀️

Seriiously, All the people who think DIsney will drop their big budget tentpoles on Disney Plus don't understand the dynamics of the business.

A few throwaway releases, like "The New Mutants" yes, but not your tentpoles.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Seriiously, All the people who think DIsney will drop their big budget tentpoles on Disney Plus don't understand the dynamics of the business.

A few throwaway releases, like "The New Mutants" yes, but not your tentpoles.

yeah i really cannot understand the logic behind that, how can anyone think that any studio will dump a movie, that is a potential 1 billion grosser, and with a budget of around 170 to a streaming plaform

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This Disney+ discussion truly needs to stop.

 

It's like people want movie theaters and studios to die, pandemic or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Cap said:

Drop it on May 1 on Disney+.  🤷‍♀️

You mean to tell me Ryan Murphy's alternate history Hollywood series set to drop on Netflix that weekend (unless they push it) isn't enough for ya?

Edited by filmlover
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

This can take the August 7th date, if things get better by then.

No IMAX though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As I said earlier, this possibly takes the Eternals date in November. The big *if* is whether things are better by then. I think there's a very good possibility that BW becomes a May 2021 release. This makes even more sense if it takes 6 or 12 months to finish filming Shang-Chi. 2020 could just be "the year with no MCU film".

  • Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

BW as May 20121 tentpole makes a lot of sense. if Strange 2 isn't ready by then, they have a ready blockbuster to take the prime spot. Strange gets may 2022 date or something. it makes more sense than move May release to Novemeber 2020 and November one to May 2021. There's a reason why they allocated different dates for those movies, why they think something is better positioned in May and something else in November.

 

 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Valonqar said:

BW as May 20121 tentpole makes a lot of sense. if Strange 2 isn't ready by then, they have a ready blockbuster to take the prime spot. Strange gets may 2022 date or something. it makes more sense than move May release to Novemeber 2020 and November one to May 2021. There's a reason why they allocated different dates for those movies, why they think something is better positioned in May and something else in November.

i doubt that they will delay the movie that much, its way more likely to take eternals spot or come late 2020 if you ask me

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

they'll probably do as you say though BW and No Time to Die aka 2 spy movies in a short time are a bit of an overkill if you ask me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

they'll probably do as you say though BW and No Time to Die aka 2 spy movies in a short time are a bit of an overkill if you ask me.

well ok maybe not nov, but, hmm, what about decemeber, i would very much want to see an mcu movie in december

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

BW as May 20121 tentpole makes a lot of sense. if Strange 2 isn't ready by then, they have a ready blockbuster to take the prime spot. Strange gets may 2022 date or something. it makes more sense than move May release to Novemeber 2020 and November one to May 2021. There's a reason why they allocated different dates for those movies, why they think something is better positioned in May and something else in November.

 

 

Because Disney doesn’t want to give up IMAX and fits their schedule better. 
 

Besides Eternals would move to February as Shang Chi moves to May. Competition is more likely to effect a MCU movie than release date. Black Panther did more than IW domestically in February.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Eternals would move to February as Shang Chi moves to May. Competition is more likely to effect a MCU movie than release date. Black Panther did more than IW domestically in February.

This is what's most likely, at this point.

 

But of course everything's changing by the hour...in the world, let alone in Hollywood.

Edited by Macleod
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still seeing lots of clowns commenting and tweeting “put it on disney+”

 

Truly showing that they don’t understand how anything works. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And what happens if the virus is ,to a degree seasonal and it breaks out again In November?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

delays to 2021.No one is going to show movies to empty theaters. Even movies that almost guaranteed won't find audience once released are moving. 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Still seeing lots of clowns commenting and tweeting “put it on disney+”
 
Truly showing that they don’t understand how anything works. 

+1


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.