Blankments

Hacksaw Ridge | Nov 4 2016 | Lionsgate | WWII movie directed by Mel Gibson. Starring Andrew Garfield, Sam Worthington, Luke Bracey, Teresa Palmer. The movie gets the BOZ/Tele/WB seal of approval.

I think this'll definitely do well, it's definitely going for the American Sniper crowd along with the Christian audience. I'm thinking there's a possibility of a $30 million-plus opening weekend if reviews are good and Lionsgate puts up a competent marketing campaign.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, marveldcfox said:

This winter is just awesome...

Hacksaw ridge

Arrival

La la land

Monster calls

All are getting rave reviews. November is going to be a bloody great month for movies. Every week there is something amazing to look forward to. 

Don't forget Nocturnal Animals and Manchester by the Sea in addition to Fences, Silence, Patriots Day and others.  

• Like 3

The rumor has it the movie is 

Spoiler

a bloodbath during the war scenes with guts & severed limbs & gallons of blood that make Saving Private Ryan look like a Pixar movie.

Not sure how GA will react to this aspect to be honest.

And yes I know about Mel's Jesus movie.

Edited by The Futurist

5 hours ago, The Futurist said:

Reveal hidden contents

I don't know how you can expect anything else from a Mel Gibson war movie to be honest.

52 minutes ago, nthanh61 said:

An good interview with Mel. Also, he answers a question about that Viking movie some of you were wondering about.

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/mel-gibson-venice-festival-comeback-163638110.html

That was actually a very interesting interview.  Thanks for sharing it.  

I have to admit, I have really liked most of what Mel has directed.  I hope we do get to see that Viking movie one day, and a sequel to Passion?  Hmmm...I don't know, but very interesting that they are talking about it. 

• Like 6

13 hours ago, The Futurist said:

Reveal hidden contents

Not surprising considering parts of Okinawa made Omaha Beach look like the Hamptons.

Ugh, I'd really prefer that Vikings version of Apacalypto than a Passion sequel which I wouldn't really be interested in at all.   But if he does make it, I'm sure it would make a lot of money because everyone knows Mel Gibson is a strong believer and wouldn't radically alter the story like Exodus and Noah did.

• Like 1