WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 75): X-MEN 103.3M OS OW | Angry Birds 38.15M | Captain America 32.9M (Ahoy Matey!!) | Neighbors 21.7M | The Nice Guys 11.2M | Jungle Book 10.9M

1 hour ago, mrqe93 said:

I think next weekend will be very interesting to watch. X-Men and Alice 2 would definitely hurt each other, but I am wondering to what extent. 

X-Men underperforms, and Alice 2 surpises.

• Like 1

I saw THE LOBSTER which is so twisted and absurdly entertaining during its first half that you can't take your eyes off the screen. The second half is too bizarre for its own good but overall it's still worth watching. It won't do well with the GA

I also saw LOVE & FRIENDSHIP which had my packed theatre full of old people roaring with laughter. I enjoyed it and Kate Beckinsale but Ang Lee's SENSE & SENSIBILITY is still my favorite Jane Austen. Based on my theatre's reaction it will do well, but it didn't quite live up to its 99% RT score for me. 

• Like 3

I just wanna say something, because reading some messages in this thread and on reddit has prompted me to.

~$1.2B (and 400 dom) can't possibly be seen as a disappointment for Civil War.

The professional box office websites set everyone's expectations way off the charts and that's on them.

This is Marvel Studios' 13th movie. Any other franchise would kill to display such stability and consistent Box office drawing power. Hell, Harry Potter's final, ultimate chapter grossed $1.35B (and 380 dom), and that was the franchise's culmination, its ending point and grand finale. Some could even argue that exchange rates in 2011 were much more favorable too. Just the euro, for example, was 0.70 in July 2011 and 0.88 now, this is huge -- 100 euros now yields 113 USD, back then 100 euros yielded 143 USD = 26% (!!) more. So, at the very least, that counters inflation and market expansion.

Marvel Studios are definitely happy with this, there really is no way to twist it otherwise.

• Like 12

5 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

I just wanna say something, because reading some messages in this thread and on reddit has prompted me to.

~$1.2B (and 400 dom) can't possibly be seen as a disappointment for Civil War.

The professional box office websites set everyone's expectations way off the charts and that's on them.

This is Marvel Studios' 13th movie. Any other franchise would kill to display such stability and consistent Box office drawing power. Hell, Harry Potter's final, ultimate chapter grossed $1.35B (and 380 dom), and that was the franchise's culmination, its ending point and grand finale. Some could even argue that exchange rates in 2011 were much more favorable too. Just the euro, for example, was 0.70 in July 2011 and 0.88 now, this is huge -- 100 euros now yields 113 USD, back then 100 euros yielded 143 USD = 26% (!!) more. So, at the very least, that counters inflation and market expansion.

Marvel Studios are definitely happy with this, there really is no way to twist it otherwise.

clap.gif

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, cannastop said:

You're not going to make them come faster like that, you know.

Sometimes it works.

RTH is usually here from the start of the summer until the end.  But he's dealing with an injury right now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cannastop said:

You're not going to make them come faster like that, you know.

Its more about giving our resident God's their due respect lol :) I have tracked box office long enough to remember when we didn't get things till Sunday (course before that you have to really go to the old timers club and talk to @Baumer and @Telemachos)

• Like 1

Just now, narniadis said:

Its more about giving our resident God's their due respect lol :) I have tracked box office long enough to remember when we didn't get things till Sunday (course before that you have to really go to the old timers club and talk to @Baumer and @Telemachos)

This is how we tracked box office BM (before Mojo)

A5abacus.jpg

• Like 3