kayumanggi

SNOW WHITE | 03.21.2025 | Disney

28 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

Wonder if they'll cast actual dwarves or if they're just gonna shrink Josh Gad and James Corden down.

Can we thread ban Coolio for putting this horrific image in my mind?  Please and thank you.

(What is worse, is I can 100% see this happening, so it's a double nope, nope.)

I wonder if Snow White will be a straight adaptation like Aladdin or Beauty or more like Maleficent or Dumbo where they expand the premise, I think they could expand both backstories of the Dwarves and Snow White. 

2 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I wonder if Snow White will be a straight adaptation like Aladdin or Beauty or more like Maleficent or Dumbo where they expand the premise, I think they could expand both backstories of the Dwarves and Snow White. 

A combo of the two, I imagine.

They have to be careful not to cast a more beautiful Queen. Charlize as the Queen sunk KStew who is beautiful but not Charlize level. 

also, no way Mckenna Grace (12) plays SW unless Disney's gonna wait at least 3 years before they film this. if they want very young but already teen, they may go with MBB (15) or Dafne Keen (14). 

On 5/30/2019 at 2:32 PM, CoolioD1 said:

all the changes this movie is probably gonna make:

- a new boring ballad for the huntsman to sing to "flesh out his character" written by either alan menken or the greatest showman guys

-all the dwarves get love interests of a group of seven girl dwarves

-random new chase scene added

-snow white needs to be more girl powery so she's like an environmental activist now or something

-everything else is the same and some how just these minor changes turns an 80 minute cartoon into a 125 minute live action movie.

You need to be threadbanned. Only positive things about Disney remakes are allowed to be spoken.

Anyway, it was announced today "The Greatest Showman" songwriters would be writing putting the exact same songs from "The Greatest Showman" on this remake's soundtrack like they did with "Aladdin." They're really trying to beat us over the head with these two.

I have to wonder: Will Disney’s Snow White-remake be more like the Cinderella-remake (2015), where they update certain things like giving a lot more development to the characters and making them more interesting (especially Snow-White, the prince, the Dwarfs and such)?

You know, be more like it’s own thing while staying true to it’s core story rather than be exactly shot for shot?

I think that’s one of the factors why Kenneth Branagh’s Cinderella was very well-received by critics.

The thing with those Disney animated  princess-films of the 1930’s to 1950’s, is that they had more simplicity with the story & characters, which was fairly acceptable in their day & age. So with remaking them nowadays, you’d expect more character development for the characters from Snow-White.

I can see this remake being well received along with Cinderella & The Jungle Book, as long as nothing goes wrong.

• Like 2

On 5/31/2019 at 5:44 AM, Jonwo said:

I could see the Snow-White remake be more like Cinderella & The Jungle Book, where it stay faithful to its animated counterpart and respect it without being too exactly like the original. And it’s a musical too.

Just give more character development to Snow White, the prince and the Dwarfs.