kayumanggi

BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY | Nov 2 2018 | Fox | Rami Malek | Queen biopic | Bryan Singer fired | Kindly avoid libeling anyone in this thread

So this coming out in November? Too many adult oriented films coming out before & after this that may scare away audiences. 

But if this pull off what Fox did with Showman or Murder On Orient Express did this past holiday season. Then I’d say Fox has a win on their hands. 

I thought the trailer for this was already out...must have just seen the headlines talking about the CinemaCon presentation.  I'm just kinda bored with seeing what I feel like are the same Twitter comments, all participating in essentially promoting the movie themselves.  It's rare when I see anything really critical; the IW, Solo, and these early buzz notes all feel the same.  Half the joy in seeing something early encourages people to brag about it as soon as they can -- I think that clouds many opinions.  And if you're too critical of the studio/film, they probably won't invite you back to the press junket...so it's all a funny ego game.  

Ahh...the days when "A film by Bryan Singer" was a strong promotional tool.  How quickly things change (despite the issues being known inside Hollywood forever).

But FOX has yet another promotional dilemma on their hands (a la Trank's F4). 

Wonder if the full story will ever leak out someday...

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 1

Malek is very talented, and even has that same "handsome yet weird and roughly hewn" look as Mercury. But even with his skills, portraying one of the most charismatic and unique performers ever is a tall order. It's got a shot at working.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, TheManFromBeyond said:

The DGA process for this is gonna be interesting. Don't know how much Fletcher reshot, but it doesn't seem like it was a Ron Howard-Solo style job. 

One thing's for certain though: even if he does get final credit for the film, no way is Singer gonna do any promotion for it.

Fletcher and Singer are credited on the BBFC classification for the teaser

• Like 2

On 4/26/2018 at 3:04 PM, Jay Hollywood said:

Have to say it...... Singer WAS a great director and I knew he was gonna pull it off. 

Happy to see the new director and post team and doing well with it. Gonna be awkward if the film gets oscar buzz tho. 

I think this is a purely Best Actor vehicle/material now. 

Malek = Freddie