kayumanggi

BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY | Nov 2 2018 | Fox | Rami Malek | Queen biopic | Bryan Singer fired | Kindly avoid libeling anyone in this thread

6 hours ago, Spagspiria said:

It was completely different for Moonlight. The film centers on blackness through and through, primarily through the eyes of our protagonist, and the characters are actually written as three dimensional, nuanced, and even sympathetic in places. It was the reality, but they were written as human, real and not as stereotypes.

Characterisation wise,moonlight is far more superior, but the entire idea of the movie was, to explore, how the social expectation form a human from inside out. It explains how a black that society stereotype for was born.  

It is legitimate the attitude of the stereotype ,  just the story deals with more personal, and micro-details.

On 1/9/2019 at 8:10 PM, Cmasterclay said:

The movie literally has a "downfall" montage where he gives lingering stares to gay sexual partners in leather bars and it smash cuts to a news report on AIDS. Even if it's not homophobic it definitely plays into some pretty dumb 5th grade stereotypes there.

And the payoff of the movie is that Freddy finds love with the man that called him out on this wild lifestyle and they spent the rest of his life together presumably happy.   

3 hours ago, Viktor Vilotijevic said:

I guess we could expect this to end up with around 210 million $ domestically and around 630-650 million $ internationally. This is way more than what I have expected this film to make.

I legit was thinking it would stall around 100-120 dom and maybe 250 overseas before it opened. Still would have been great numbers, but this is just monumental for a biopic.

58 minutes ago, SMmadrid90 said:

I love that this movie is gonna make over $800M worldwide,i'm a big fan of Queen and i almost cried several times throughout the movie because it's fantastic. The critics must be speechless lol

And just think of the Globe - and possibly the Oscar? :) LOL!

• Like 1

The movie should have been a metaphysical and contemplative look at the relationship between and artist and his music with Freddie trying to figure out all the different sections of BR the song for 2 hours.

94 RT, 8,8 Avg

90 MC

All the Oscahs !

What a missed opportunity of celebrating Freddie s art.

:sadno:

Edited by The Futurist

10 hours ago, Godzilla said:

I wonder how much an MJ film would make if done properly...

yeah that's not happening any time soon. Even if they movie ends before the 90s without any reference to the scandals, I think it would still bring back all the bad stuff that everyone willfully forgot the minute MJ died. Freddie Mercury didn't have that kind of baggage.

The only other that could potentially be this big is a Beatles biopic, but Paul and Yoko have to die first.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Joel M said:

The only other that could potentially be this big is a Beatles biopic, but Paul and Yoko have to die first. 

Good pick, it also has the tragic ending that could elevate it higher to BR level.

A Nirvana movie could be interesting, but too depressing to dominate the box office.

Or a Rihanna biopic, starring Rihanna.

3 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

Good pick, it also has the tragic ending that could elevate it higher to BR level.

A Nirvana movie could be interesting, but too depressing to dominate the box office.

Or a Rihanna biopic, starring Rihanna.

What exactly is so intresting about Rihanna's life? And how can she be in the same conversation with such legends?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

What exactly is so intresting about Rihanna's life? And how can she be in the same conversation with such legends?

Nirvana aint close AT ALL to queen or mj either

And MJ's biopic can only be a mess because of his looks, portraying him after the skin and plastic surgeries would be strange.

Besides, queen had a flawless career, MJ was a joke after the early-mid 90s

Edited by TombRaider

Michael Jackson had to die so the world could fall inlove with his art again.

Before his death, he had become a total pariah and a subject of scorn and mockery.

And yes, he was a pedophile.

I read a biography of MJ by a very respected french musical journalist and oh boy, that chapter when we learn that in the mid-1990's, MJ kinda lost it and was parading with a what, 14 yo old boy he would take in his hotel rooms, alone.

Everybody from his entourage knew but nobody said a thing.

Ykes.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TombRaider said:

Nirvana aint close AT ALL to queen or mj either

And MJ's biopic can only be a mess because of his looks, portraying him after the skin and plastic surgeries would be strange.

Besides, queen had a flawless career, MJ was a joke after the early-mid 90s

Michael Jackson is a controversial figure. God does he has skeletons in the closet. I can't see a biopic about him not gaining big backlash. I agree about Nirvana too. I love them but they are not in the level of Queen.

10 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

Michael Jackson is a controversial figure. God does he has skeletons in the closet. I can't see a biopic about him not gaining big backlash. I agree about Nirvana too. I love them but they are not in the level of Queen.

plus they were only big for around 3 years, because of kurt's passing. nirvana was big from 1991 to 1994, queen had a 20 year old career

Edited by TombRaider

Good lord, an MJ biopic, what an absolute disaster that would be. RIP everyone involved careers if that ever happens.

Grunge is way too niche for a Nirvana biopic to be huge. You’d have a small demo of mainly 40 something guys to tap into, and very few others would show up. 

A Beatles biopic has the most potential by far to be huge. But Yoko would surely want all kinds of say in it and would probably need to die for the best movie to be made. 

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 1