CaptainJackSparrow

⊃∪∩⪽ | Legendary | October 22 2021 | Denis Villeneuve | Returns to IMAX on December 3

6 hours ago, Rebeccas said:

Villeneuve will obviously make this worth watching but after BR2049 flopping I feel like giving him a huge budget is a noble but ultimately doomed prospect for money making. Glad they're still doing it though!

Pikachu is going to make Billion for Legendary so who cares...

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Merkel said:

It's a deeply flawed movie, no doubt. But it's totally unique. There isn't another movie quite like it

Lynch's movie is visually striking, but, God,  it's plotline is convulted. People who are not familiar with the novel won't know what the hell is going on for half the movie.

I admit I am not a big Lynch fan. "BLue Velvet" is the only Lynch film I really liked.

5 hours ago, Rebeccas said:

Well, they probably see Villeneuve as a Nolan-esque long term investment and we all know that Nolan ended up paying huge dividends even though his first couple of big films didn't do super business (Batman Begins, The Prestige). It only took one project to turn Nolan into a superstar director who can make buttloads of money in pretty much any genre. They probably see this as Villeneuve's potential.

True, but if Dune does not do well Legendary  will start reconsidering it's long term investment. .

50 minutes ago, dudalb said:

it's plotline is convulted.

In terms of basic story points, it's actually pretty simple. The novel gets into a lot of the internal mindsets and thought processes of supporting characters (as well as main) but you should be able to condense and streamline and end up with a fairly conventional coming-of-age saga -- especially if you have 2 movies to get through the story.

On 1/31/2019 at 8:09 PM, TMP said:

Was thinking October 2020, but WB put The Witches there. Probably gonna take Fant4stic B3asts soon-to-be-freed spot of mid-nov. 2020

On 2/2/2019 at 2:47 AM, TMP said:

Feel like Nov. 20 is where it'll end up, since Witches took October

Called it.

Also, WB delaying Fantastic B3asts indefinitely and putting Dune in its release date has to be the best release date switcheroo in film history

• Like 2