CaptainJackSparrow

⊃∪∩⪽ | Legendary | October 22 2021 | Denis Villeneuve | Returns to IMAX on December 3

2 hours ago, The Stingray said:

I'm positively surprised WB greenlit this after the commercial failure of Blade Runner.

Warner Bros. didn't fund BR2049, they basically marketed and distributed.  The rest was on Alcon. 

• Like 1

Sony distributed as well. Also this a film by Legendary, WB’s girlfriend (on a serious note; their best partner since when they were together, DC films were actually masterpieces and Legendary didn’t have flops with the exception of Jack the Giant Slayer)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shayhiri said:

I've got a bad feeling about this...

I just really hate the Frenchie, and what he brings to movies... I'd be incredibly excited for Dune - in the hands of almost anyone else - but now, the Shay just weeps...

with this endorsement, I'm opening Dune Over Endgame and Pika Pika Combined Club! :stirthepot:

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

with this endorsement, I'm opening Dune Over Endgame and Pika Pika Combined Club! :stirthepot:

No, it will fail like BR2049. Which failed only because of the director's approach.

Actually, Dune will fail worse. Because Blade Runner at least had the cult status of the original to lure people in. Dune has nothing. And will be given nothing by this director - only taken from.

Dune CAN be made into a lucrative movie - but only by someone like JJ Abrams. If it looks and feels like Star Wars. Instead they chose the worst director possible for this job. I am 100% certain this will bomb. It would have flopped even with a good director - but putting it in The Frenchie's tiny little grabby hands is like burying the movie in the ground BEFORE putting a mercy shot through its head.

Once again, ANY other director (barring fellow midget Ruin Johnson), and I'd at least be happily awaiting to see the movie FIVE times - even while knowing it will 90% bomb. But now I don't even want to see it that much. BR2049 was a slog and a waste, while still miles better than all other miserable movies of the Frenchie.

Edited by shayhiri
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1
  • Knock It Off 1

9 minutes ago, DaytoDay said:

Can Warner Bros stream Legendary/sony movies like Blade Runner , Pokemon and Dune on their future streaming service?

They did stream BladeRunner on their current streaming service HBO Now (https://www.forbes.com/sites/nelsongranados/2015/04/16/hbo-now-opening-the-floodgates/#50eef7b07956):

https://www.seattletimes.com/entertainment/movies/new-on-hbo-in-june-2018-it-blade-runner-2049-succession-it-will-be-chaos/

I am not sure how different the new service will be (is it anything more than just a PR move / change of name ?)

No, it will fail like BR2049. Which failed only because of the director's approach.

Actually, Dune will fail worse. Because Blade Runner at least had the cult status of the original to lure people in. Dune has nothing. And will be given nothing by this director - only taken from.

Dune CAN be made into a lucrative movie - but only by someone like JJ Abrams. If it looks and feels like Star Wars. Instead they chose the worst director possible for this job. I am 100% certain this will bomb. It would have flopped even with a good director - but putting it in The Frenchie's tiny little grabby hands is like burying the movie in the ground BEFORE putting a mercy shot through its head.

Once again, ANY other director (barring fellow midget Ruin Johnson), and I'd at least be happily awaiting to see the movie FIVE times - even while knowing it will 90% bomb. But now I don't even want to see it that much. BR2049 was a slog and a waste, while still miles better than all other miserable movies of the Frenchie.

Lmao. 

• Like 1

Thank you for ensuring Dune will be a smash hit.

• Thanks 1