CaptainJackSparrow

⊃∪∩⪽ | Legendary | October 22 2021 | Denis Villeneuve | Returns to IMAX on December 3

9 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i've heard Denis has started mandatory conscription. many actors have tried to dodge the Dune Draft. "but they just announced aquaman 2" Momoa said. not good enough. "but i need to go to rehab for my meth addiction" chalamet cried. no dice.

The spice extends life. The spice expands consciousness.

• Like 2

Both stilgar and chani have been cast and they very small parts in the first half on the story. If they announce the actors playing shaddam Iv or irulan in the next few weeks, it will make it likely they will be filming both parts simultaneously

Wait, MOMOA :worthy: is Duncan Idaho? Fuck yeah! Only MOMOA :worthy: could kill 19 Sardaukar all by himself. 

he's gonna upstage everyone! :bravo:

Also, his casting points at hoping for a franchise cause Duncan becomes the main lead after Children of Dune and has a big role in both Dune Messiah and Children. They had to cast a star power in this role. 

Edited by Valonqar

3 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

This is going to be one expensive flop... lol

true. I don't understand anyone who read the book and saw Villeneuve movies that thinks this will be a success. especially with the split that makes the first movie heavy on exposition and numerous characters (many that don't matter in the second movie) but low on action. it isn't the next LOTR.

Edited by Valonqar

25 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

true. I don't understand anyone who read the book and saw Villeneuve movies that thinks this will be a success. especially with the split that makes the first movie heavy on exposition and numerous characters (many that don't matter in the second movie) but low on action. it isn't the next LOTR.

plus the budget required to make this movie is like Star Wars-level so there's very little room for even an under-performance let alone a BR2049 or First Man...

yep, budget is really a big roadblock for this cause it's gonna be big but the material and Villeneuve style are not GA friendly. this ain't no 4 quadrant. 

Big gamble is fine but since they are making 2 movies, all depends on the first one which is a tougher sell. The second one is more of a traditional blockbuster with romance, sandworm-riding, and all out war. Which is why many fans find that part of the book inferior to earlier stuff (that makes the first movie). I can see them release the first, that flops and then make a streaming event out of the second. 

Edited by Valonqar