Dementeleus

ROGUE ONE WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals R1 155.09m, Moana 12.7m, OCP 8.58m, CB 7.1m, FB 5.07m

Logan looks like it could be an actual quality level comic book film.  But lol at it doing a 100m OW, it isn't Deadpool. (For clarification, I had deadpool pegged at 85m OW quite a bit before release.  So while I undershot, I wasn't loling at the thought of 100m Ow for that)

Edited by ThePanda A Star Wars Story
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Daxtreme said:

Oh except, you know, being certified out of baumer's under 450 club.

Being certified out of the 600M+ rogue one club.

I'll also be right on the holiday legs, but that hasn't yet come to past...

Tell me, which clubs did you join? :ph34r:

So self-assured it's hilarious. You were completely wrong about the opening weekend - I saw you predicting $170m/$180m and you even kept clinging to that belief after the previews and opening day came in. Predicting a huge range of $450-$600m and being right is not an achievement, either, and I'll add that over $450m isn't even assured at this point, so you might not even be right on that front.

Unlike you, I'm not arrogant enough to claim that I'm definitely going to be right about Rogue One's multiplier - I'm very sure of it, but nothing is a certainty. Your self-assuredness will just make it more hilarious if Rogue One doesn't end up having typical holidays legs.

As for clubs, not interested.

11 minutes ago, DAR said:

Lego Batman could make 300 million or it could make 175 million and neither would surprise me

I'd raise my eyebrow at anything $370m or above.

I'd be disappointed in anything under $220m.

In all cases, it's beating Boss Baby.

22 minutes ago, hw64 said:

So self-assured it's hilarious. You were completely wrong about the opening weekend - I saw you predicting $170m/$180m and you even kept clinging to that belief after the previews and opening day came in. Predicting a huge range of $450-$600m and being right is not an achievement, either, and I'll add that over $450m isn't even assured at this point, so you might not even be right on that front.

Unlike you, I'm not arrogant enough to claim that I'm definitely going to be right about Rogue One's multiplier - I'm very sure of it, but nothing is a certainty. Your self-assuredness will just make it more hilarious if Rogue One doesn't end up having typical holidays legs.

As for clubs, not interested.

Oh noes, some guy on the BOT forums has some grudge against me for some reason !

What am I going to do :ph34r:

For the record, if you go by that logic, a majority of the users on these forums were "completely wrong" about the OW, so pretty much everyone here sucks at predicting box office right? 

That's what makes it a prediction, dude. No one ever said it would become a fact. It's about sticking your guts out there and making a call, which I don't recall you ever doing, anywhere. Easy to criticize and call out people left and right -- which is the only thing you've been doing since joining these forums by the way -- when you have nothing on the line. 

Just look at this post:

A majority of people in here were wrong in this thread, so what? Nobody cares. It's all fun and games.

By that logic, anyone who predicted anything else than $150-160M OW in there should quit these forums and never come back because they know nothing about box office :redcapes:

Call me out all you want if Rogue One doesn't make a holiday multiplier, I don't really care you know. These are numbers forums, we discuss numbers, and sometimes that means being right, sometimes that means being wrong. You would do well to remember that. You act like if I have personal stakes in this... I don't.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ThePanda A Star Wars Story said:

Logan looks like it could be an actual quality level comic book film.  But lol at it doing a 100m OW, it isn't Deadpool. (For clarification, I had deadpool pegged at 85m OW quite a bit before release.  So while I undershot, I wasn't loling at the thought of 100m Ow for that)

Isn't it R rated aswell, that's got to hurt.

1 hour ago, DAR said:

Lego Batman could make 300 million or it could make 175 million and neither would surprise me

300 would be incredibly surprising to me. In fact I think under 150 is more likely than over 200