Dementeleus

ROGUE ONE WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals R1 155.09m, Moana 12.7m, OCP 8.58m, CB 7.1m, FB 5.07m

10 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

I remember when TFA was first announced, a lot of us felt a 150's opening would be great for it considering the way December works. That movie just went out of the galaxy and now even a spin-off is opening in the 150's. Crazy stuff. 

No doubt, SW brand is just unmatched.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

Pretty much bang on my calculations based on the Australian Thursday. 

Do you recall if that also applied to TFA back then? I wasn't a BOT member so I don't know.

Did the transposition from Australia's numbers to USA work?

13 minutes ago, MrPink said:

I'm simply not expecting that because there won't be as much spillover from Saturday. Depends on how big of an effect the weather has had.

12 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

TFA was a couple of days further along n the calendar so more schools were out on Monday so I expect a bigger drop.  That and the w/e wasn't nearly as big which means there will be less sold outs shows probably leading to less spill over on Monday.

Projections are based on hope!

• Like 2

When I first heard about TFA in 2012, I thought that $160m/$800m would be a highly optimistic sum for it. Obviously I didn't factor in the fact that 5x legs with that kind of opening is nigh impossible (of course, I was just starting out back then), but the fact that Rogue One, a spinoff, is going to approach those $150m+ levels, in December no less, is a testament to the strength of the Star Wars brand.

• Like 5

Just now, MattW said:

With a 45m Saturday the studio weekend estimate is definitely going to be under 150

Nah, the estimate will definitely be over 150.

The real question is the actual.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Nah, the estimate will definitely be over 150.

The real question is the actual.

Yup, I agree that if the $45m Sat # holds (or increases) then $150m or over will be the estimate #.

Edited by FTF