FlashMaster659

Tues #s (Asgard pg 136) R1 22.4 Sing 17.7 Pass 6 Moan 4.6 Ass 3.6 WH 3.4 Fen 3.1 LLL 2.6

2 minutes ago, Dingdong123 said:

Yeah, the great critical acclaim and WOM really helped Disney dominate the entire year. They were making back to back to back great movies for the entire year, putting aside the minimal misfires they had.

to be honest Disney's slate for 2017 is a bit boring. I'm tired of the POTC and Cars Franchise. The only thing I anticipate are GOTG, Beauty and The Beast, Star Wars and Coco

that's still quite a lot:jeb!:

• Like 3

1 minute ago, XO21 said:

Pirates5 and Cars3 could seriously underperform with the stain the predecessors left, ditto for Thor3 which has to face the JL two weeks later

good dinosaur prove that even pixar could flop, through not a total disaster, not surprise that cars 3 could sink even lower, not to mention despicable me 3 2 weeks later

2 minutes ago, XO21 said:

Pirates5 and Cars3 could seriously underperform with the stain their predecessors left, ditto for Thor3 which has to face the JL two weeks later

Thor 3 should have a big enough OW ($100M-$120M) to a least get it to $200M.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

I somewhat disagree with this given 2017 will get another $125M+ DOM from R1 plus probably another $550M+ from Episode VIII before January 1, 2018. I actually think that will pretty much even out. Now, will there be a Zooptopia? Jungle Book? Finding Dory? Moana? Doctor Strange? I'm not sure.

But, Disney has a hell of a slate in 2017 with....

Beauty and the Beast (will gross more than Jungle Book DOM)

Pirates of the Caribbean 5 (????)

Thor 3 (Will match or exceed Doctor Strange DOM)

Guardians of the Galaxy 2 (Will match or exceed Civil War DOM)

Cars 3 (Will gross nowhere near Dory DOM)

Coco (Could be a sleeper hit from Pixar)

I'm sure I'm missing a few other too. Does WDAS not have a release schedule for 2017? If so, that'll be the difference given Moana and Zootopia will combine for close to $600M DOM.

B & B can beat JB, but is not certain. A lot depends on its quality. 

PoTC is a big question mark. I hope it flops, I hate those movies.

Thor 3 will utterly annihilate Dr Strange. 

Guardians 2 may or may not beast Cap 3. Depends on quality. 

Cars 3 will make $200M DOM (best case scenario)

Coco? What's that? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PPZVGOS said:

Coco? What's that? 

a new original animated film from Pixar. (about Cinco de Mayo)

EDIT: I was wrong, it's about Día de Muertos.

Edited by yjs

24 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

I somewhat disagree with this given 2017 will get another $125M+ DOM from R1 plus probably another $550M+ from Episode VIII before January 1, 2018. I actually think that will pretty much even out. Now, will there be a Zooptopia? Jungle Book? Finding Dory? Moana? Doctor Strange? I'm not sure.

But, Disney has a hell of a slate in 2017 with....

Beauty and the Beast (will gross more than Jungle Book DOM)

Pirates of the Caribbean 5 (????)

Thor 3 (Will match or exceed Doctor Strange DOM)

Guardians of the Galaxy 2 (Will match or exceed Civil War DOM)

Cars 3 (Will gross nowhere near Dory DOM)

Coco (Could be a sleeper hit from Pixar)

I'm sure I'm missing a few other too. Does WDAS not have a release schedule for 2017? If so, that'll be the difference given Moana and Zootopia will combine for close to $600M DOM.

BaTB: This could be the first $500M+ grosser of 2017, due to nostalgia and hype.

Pirates 5: Depends if it seems appealing it can be either like Alice 2 or Pirates 4.

Thor 3: It'll likely beat Strange Domestic thanks to a huge OW, but have shitty legs due to competition.

Guardians 2: If it has the same WOM as the first, it'll have a huge opening ($160M+) and get over $400M.

Cars 3: Planes numbers at worst but I think it'll surprise and do over $180M-$200M.

Coco: Disney proved to me that they can market 3 holiday tentpoles, this can be a hit. $200M-$250M

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Dingdong123 said:

Yeah, the great critical acclaim and WOM really helped Disney dominate the entire year. They were making back to back to back great movies for the entire year, putting aside the minimal misfires they had.

to be honest Disney's slate for 2017 is a bit boring. I'm tired of the POTC and Cars Franchise. The only thing I anticipate are GOTG, Beauty and The Beast, Star Wars and Coco

Thor 3, seeing Hulk and Thor team up.

• Like 1

Has anyone else noticed how awful Live by Night is doing? They should've just kept it as a wide January opener and not even bothered with a qualifying release. It'll likely make half as much as The Accountant did either way.

Patriots Day is doing really, though. Won't be the next Lone Survivor but this bodes well for it making a nice sum of money when it goes wide. Hidden Figures is headed for a great run.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Has anyone else noticed how awful Live by Night is doing? They should've just kept it as a wide January opener and not even bothered with a qualifying release. It'll likely make half as much as The Accountant did either way.

Patriots Day is doing really, though. Won't be the next Lone Survivor but this bodes well for it making a nice sum of money when it goes wide. Hidden Figures is headed for a great run.

I think that you're a little obssesed,in a negative way,of course,with Live By Night.

And Live by Night will make more than $40M...:rolleyes:

Edited by efialtes76
  • Like 1

The single day record just got broken in India

Dangal created history on its third day as it set an ALL TIME RECORD for the highest single day ever. It also become the first film ever to surpass the 40 crore nett mark in a day, four years after 30 crore nett was first surpassed by Ek Tha Tiger in 2012. The record was held by Prem Ratan Dhan Payo which it set last year. It held the record for over 13 months and still holds the record for the highest opening day of all time. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, efialtes76 said:

I think that you're a little obssesed,in a negative way,of course,with Live By Night.

And Live by Night will make more than $40M...:rolleyes:

Nah, I just don't see it making a whole bundle (while you seem to think it'll make as much as The Accountant- and more than Patriots Day, yeah no, let's get real now- even though nothing supports it so far for some reason). It'll do fine (as in $40-50M total), but the perception of being failed awards bait will certainly hinder it a bit.

At least it's not a total bust like A Monster Calls is. Now there's a movie that's doomed to perform miserably when it goes wide.

Edited by filmlover

10 minutes ago, Mr Terrific said:

Are we calling the new Spider-Man a Sony movie? 

Sony for money, but Disney creatively?

Pretty much. Feige calls all of the shots but Sony is releasing it.

Edited by druv10
  • Like 1