WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 40): Hidden Figures 22.8M | Rogue One 22.1M | Sing 20.7M | Underworld 13.7M | La La Land 10.1M | Passengers 8.8M | A Monster Calls 2.1M

14 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

LA LA LAND would be a success even if it got pulled from theaters tomorrow and never made another dime.

Lionsgate and Summit probably have recouped the budget for La La Land through presales anyway. 

• Like 4

This same weekend in 2011,

TIntin was +70% and -33.4% on Sat and Sun.

Alvin was +95% and -39.6% on Sat and Sun.

Even giving Sing +100% and -30%, you get 5.1 + 10.2 + 7.1 = 22.4

I think it will do ~21.5 unless Friday is deflated due to weather or whatever.

BOM, the-numbers and pro.BO are giving it 23-24. Seems optimistic to me.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Technically it's wide right now. It's expanding into more theaters and IMAX next weekend.

ah, didn't realise it had doubled its theater count this weekend.

1 hour ago, TalismanRing said:
6 Moana $9,100,000 -17% 2,549 -226 $3,570 $228,081,182 7 Disney

Provided that generous BO projection holds that puts Moana 25%+ over Toy Story 2's comparable w/e and $9m above it's total at that point.

With the same pace as TS2 from here on out  it would it make around $268m.  If it continues it's better pace then we might have a domestic race with Sing.

Yeah, that projection is pushing it after the Friday estimate. It should fall more in line with TS2 this weekend.

• Like 1

smh hopefully HF has a good hold next week. The storm def hurt it. I was predicting 25 million 

At least it's getting very positive response for audiences 

Edited by ban1o

Everything except Why Him, AC, A Monster Calls, and Rogue One/Sing in 3D is selling extremely well by me today. A showing of WH was even cancelled for another HF showing.

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Brainiac5 said:

That 35mil budget actually saves it.

exactly people forget it only cost 35 million. It already made 45 million overseas. With Blu-Ray and DVD sales this movie will be in profit land i no time. Hell i think its theatrical run will even get it there. This is also a sequel people say its the best since 2nd part. So people will go to the 6th one even more. After watching it on Blu-Ray or DVD to see "hey its finally back to the old Underworld" And Kate as Selene will be back on Silver screen in her tight black cat suit again ;)

• Like 2

7 hours ago, filmlover said:

Tell that to the people who thought it could be this year's The Revenant. Oops.

Those people were crazy. There was nothing to suggest that Silence was going to be another Revenant in terms of box office. It lacked any major stars in important roles for it to make as much as The Revenant. 

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Jonwo said:

Scorsese will be fine, he's had bigger flops and I suspect not even Paramount or the other studios who are distributing Silence thought it was going to be another Wolf of Wall Street. 

Its a shame the Sinatra biopic has stalled as that seems up his street but there's issues with the estate 

I always doubted that the Sinatra biopic was ever going to happen, given how long it took to get made. Perhaps not being to get Adam Sandler as Joey Bishop was the final straw, heh

• Like 2

I went to see Passengers again today and expected it to be pretty deserted, given the projections, but it was full except for the front row and a couple of seats in the second row.  I guess the weather must be hitting hard other places (I'm in Southern California. The streets are damp, here, but that is about it.)

1 hour ago, mredman said:

exactly people forget it only cost 35 million. It already made 45 million overseas. With Blu-Ray and DVD sales this movie will be in profit land i no time. Hell i think its theatrical run will even get it there. This is also a sequel people say its the best since 2nd part. So people will go to the 6th one even more. After watching it on Blu-Ray or DVD to see "hey its finally back to the old Underworld" And Kate as Selene will be back on Silver screen in her tight black cat suit again ;)

I'm pretty sure it's theatrical will definitely make it profitable.

It's 45mil o.s without some of the pretty big markets I'm giving it 25-30mil domestic with about 110-120 WW.

Could be much more but I think it's a safe prediction.

3 minutes ago, trifle said:

I went to see Passengers again today and expected it to be pretty deserted, given the projections, but it was full except for the front row and a couple of seats in the second row.  I guess the weather must be hitting hard other places (I'm in Southern California. The streets are damp, here, but that is about it.)

We could be looking at another foot of snow overnight where I'm at. :mellow:

• Like 3