kayumanggi

DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS | 05.06.2022 | Disney | 4th Most Profitable Movie of 2022

My Twitter TL is pretty good with spoilers since I don't follow specifically MCU fans at all, just people who are into movies in general and don't spoil, so I kept going there up until now when I just saw someone say shit's hitting the fan. Peacing out immediately and will probably just avoid YouTube now too, no point risking it when there's only two days to go. Will be interested to watch the promo after seeing the movie though. 

At least with Spidey it was easier since the big shit was spoiled forever ago and was basically an open secret, but also idc about Spidey as much and spoiled the first two movies myself, but I definitely want to know as little going into this as possible. I'll probably try to watch the premiere but I'm hoping they don't show trailer footage in it, been a while since I watched one of them so can't really remember. I hope they play the score like they usually do though, I want to get a taste of that.

4 hours ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Infinity War was the best movie in terms of Spoiler security if you're not actively searching for leaks.

Almost all things were surprise, Endgame was eh..... I got spoiled Cap lifting Mjolnir and Iron Man death.

Obviously i didn't see the scenes, so i didn't knew when and how they happened, but you open you tube and first video was that, no chance of getting away.

Ever since that, I've decided not to get spoiled by others.

I got spoiled for Gamora's death in IW and Hulk snapping in EG. Luckily the person who spoiled Hulk snapping for me also put in a bunch of fake spoilers like Cap dies, so I had quite a few surprises left for the actual movie.

Edited by Menor Reborn
  • Astonished 2

39 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

I got spoiled for Gamora's death in IW and Hulk snapping in EG. Luckily the person who spoiled Hulk snapping for me also put in a bunch of fake spoilers like Cap dies, so I had quite a few surprises left for the actual movie.

Maybe it was pure guessage and they just got lucky on the hulk snap :hahaha:

• Astonished 3

1 hour ago, WrathOfHan said:

Marvel intentionally does this to build hype. You have to catch onto it by now. These aren't "accidents."

Yeah, I don’t buy leaks “accidentally” being a thing for companies especially so close to release date.

49 minutes ago, Illuminegion Confirmed said:

Maybe it was pure guessage and they just got lucky on the hulk snap :hahaha:

I've never really been sure because they got some stuff half right as well. Like they said "the Avengers fight alternate versions of themselves," which did happen for Cap, but is a weirdly unspecific way to put it.

13 minutes ago, Fox20 said:

Hell the Endgame ones were from private screenings...

The only way some of these might be "from the studio" is in that there's probably several that are by people who work for Marvel (like crew members or VFX) but that's not the same as being part of the actual promotional strategy

• Like 4

1 hour ago, SpiderByte said:

The only way some of these might be "from the studio" is in that there's probably several that are by people who work for Marvel (like crew members or VFX) but that's not the same as being part of the actual promotional strategy

Here's what I think: Most often these leaks are coming not from VFX/Producers who should know better (and have NDAs in their contracts, I'm sure), but more likely one of their kids in the room, who might be invited to early in-house quality control screenings or editing bays, etc.  Another possibility is obviously the international/non-U.S./Hollywood editing houses/dialogue dubbers -- obviously their "quality control" doesn't seem to be quite as stringent with keeping secrets in place...wasn't the Endgame leak from someone international?  

No, I don't believe these are on purpose, but rather simply the near-impossibility of keeping something entirely secret these days with the internet and when so many people around the world are working on it. 

One look at Feige's face when he was asked about how Alfred Molina started discussing NWH should tell you everything about how he feels about leaks.  

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 2

No idea where this one came from, but Endgame was very overtly from Middle Eastern billionaires who bought Endgame early hence the Arabic subtitles and it being filmed on a literal TV screen not a purposeful leak. Also if it was purposeful here (And Endgame) you wouldn't see Disney taking it down.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gamora said:

My Twitter TL is pretty good with spoilers since I don't follow specifically MCU fans at all, just people who are into movies in general and don't spoil, so I kept going there up until now when I just saw someone say shit's hitting the fan

Problem is with Twitter suggesting random tweets under Topics/Tweets you may be interested.

• Like 6

175/410

WOM will be bad and hype will deflate leading to OW. These cameos aren't what people were expecting at all considering all the crazyness insiders were stating as fact over the last year. I am quite disappointed myself.

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 1
  • ...wtf 3

5 minutes ago, CJohn said:

175/410

WOM will be bad and hype will deflate leading to OW. These cameos aren't what people were expecting at all considering all the crazyness insiders were stating as fact over the last year. I am quite disappointed myself.

With all due respect...you haven't seen the movie yet, have you?  How can you be disappointed already...and how can you know for sure what is or isn't in the movie?  

• Like 8

I just turned off my Twitter,Facebook, and YouTube notifications. Can’t risk being spoiled when I have mostly avoided reading any so far. Messed up I gotta go that far to avoid them.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CJohn said:

175/410

I doubt any of this will impact OW to go low as 175M.

And honestly i don't know how much GP is into this crazy theories and expectations to really get disappointed. 

It's already said the movie is extremelly fun to watch and fast paced, action and the visuals looked excellent, and the movie will definitely have exciting moments with Multiverse concept and the variants of the main cast alone, so it can easily be a strong crowdpleaser just with this.

And the cameos are good enough, i don't think much people beyond Reddit and niches on twitter really believes they'll about to see 250 characters in this, most people don't even know about insiders.

I do believe some online disappointment can happen, but not that strong or impactful to GP to impact the movie in the opening already and then have awful legs.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Macleod said:

With all due respect...you haven't seen the movie yet, have you?  How can you be disappointed already...and how can you know for sure what is or isn't in the movie?  

CJohn is, and I put this out there with love, a head case. He has more peaks and valleys than the Pacific Ocean and his mood is entirely governed by….nothing? Idk. The internet I guess.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

31 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

I doubt any of this will impact OW to go low as 175M.

And honestly i don't know how much GP is into this crazy theories and expectations to really get disappointed. 

It's already said the movie is extremelly fun to watch and fast paced, action and the visuals looked excellent, and the movie will definitely have exciting moments with Multiverse concept and the variants of the main cast alone, so it can easily be a strong crowdpleaser just with this.

And the cameos are good enough, i don't think much people beyond Reddit and niches on twitter really believes they'll about to see 250 characters in this, most people don't even know about insiders.

I do believe some online disappointment can happen, but not that strong or impactful to GP to impact the movie in the opening already and then have awful legs.

Let alone when the marketing itself has only promised variants and Xavier, nothing else, fans online really believe the GA is expecting the entire X-men roster or some shit like them.

• Like 2