kayumanggi

DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS | 05.06.2022 | Disney | 4th Most Profitable Movie of 2022

So, Dr Strange in NWH - I don't know if he'll get as big a bump as most folks want (I mean, it's a certainty he'll get one, but the $200M OW number floaters - I dunno) - he still comes off like a A$$, not always likeable, and very cold...and it's gonna be hard to have him for top billing when you don't really like him...

Not going into anything spoilery the film might have, but it's gonna be interesting next May...

8 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

So, Dr Strange in NWH - I don't know if he'll get as big a bump as most folks want (I mean, it's a certainty he'll get one, but the $200M OW number floaters - I dunno) - he still comes off like a A$$, not always likeable, and very cold...and it's gonna be hard to have him for top billing when you don't really like him...

Not going into anything spoilery the film might have, but it's gonna be interesting next May...

Like I've said elsewhere, they will market this movie as "MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS."

50 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Luckily he's sharing the star role with a more likable character.

@iHeartJames

OMG DUDE. I am so tempted to give you a thread ban. Did you not read the spoiler post? You need to put speculation under a spoiler tag. You can’t say shit like that anymore!! this is not the Spider-Man thread. OK please do not do that again!!!

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

4 minutes ago, GoblinXXR said:

Infinity War added 20% to DS2. Endgame added another 10%. NWH just added another 30%. Marketing will add another 10-20% on top of that. WOM in either direction will do the rest.

$160-200M OW
$380-500M DOM 

Where are you getting those numbers from?

9 minutes ago, GoblinXXR said:

Infinity War added 20% to DS2. Endgame added another 10%. NWH just added another 30%. Marketing will add another 10-20% on top of that. WOM in either direction will do the rest.

$160-200M OW
$380-500M DOM 

What If...? also boosted Dr. Strange's popularity quite a bit I imagine by giving him more depth than we've seen in any film beside his solo debut.

14 minutes ago, GoblinXXR said:

$160-200M OW
$380-500M DOM 

I disliked him in his own movie (though I like him in the comics and his animated stuff)

AIW made him more interesting to me though he was still insufferably unlikable..

AEG knocked him back to the negative zone

I'm interested in the movie for everyone except Strange.

• Like 3

Infinity War is the main driver for Dr Strange's boost in popularity I reckon. NWH will help being MoM is somewhat of a follow up but I remember seeing how much more people liked Strange as a character and also how that film showcased his powers. Something I think Raimi would excel in making Strange even cooler. 

• Like 1