CJohn

The Oscars 2017 on ABC | 89th Academy Awards | Discuss It Live Here | Super Sale to Honor the Steve Harvey moment! (p124)

1 minute ago, franfar said:

Both of the movies are good in their own right, and you don't need an Oscar to validate that

If it's really good, it'll stand the test of time. 

They don't need to be good to stand the test of time anymore. They'll be forever remembered now, trust me.

1 minute ago, franfar said:

Both of the movies are good in their own right, and you don't need an Oscar to validate that

If it's really good, it'll stand the test of time. 

Yeah, in a way I can't say I'm upset with Moonlight being Best Picture. Either would've been a deserving winner.

1 minute ago, DAJK said:

Really, I felt bad for Chazelle. He took it extremely well but you could definitely see the confusion on his face. What a total screw up on the show's part, but I'm glad now that both films will have people recognizing them.

Chazelle least has best director as a consolation. The film has plenty of awards so not getting BP while disappointing isn't going to hurt him in the long run. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

I needed La La Land to make 158 m DOM.

Doubt it happens now.

Also I would've won a playoff pool if the Falcons won.

And I voted for Hillary.

Hello darkness my old friend. :sadben:

Looks like I'm coming out a winner tonight! :) 

1 minute ago, DAR said:

I know people say they feel bad for LLL but I'm not sure why.  It's won a ton awards and is a massive box office hit.  It's in a place most films would kill for.

I feel bad for the LLL people on stage. They looked pretty upset.

• Like 1

• Community Manager
2 minutes ago, boomboom234 said:

All ten people who saw moonlight are thrilled. This was a political choice clearly 

Once again, the Academy voters gets free screeners of every movie including Moonlight. Chances are they saw it.

• Like 2