CJohn

The Oscars 2017 on ABC | 89th Academy Awards | Discuss It Live Here | Super Sale to Honor the Steve Harvey moment! (p124)

19 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Eh, I just didn't go for Captain Fantastic as a movie at all. He's good in it, but that movie was annoying. In terms of Oscar nominated roles where Aragon goes full frontal, Eastern Promises still is king, for sure. 

Captain Fantastic is a really frustrating movie. It shows signs of greatness, but it gets way too cutesy and cringey often.

14 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

not really they've already taken pictures together at a bunch of events this season. going from interviews as well they still seem obsessed with each other like ethan and his ex (?) girlfriend.

There are reports of them being undercover reunited and I wouldn't be surprised, Garfield sounds like he's still in love, the way he talks about her.

Edited by BoxOfficeChica

7 minutes ago, BoxOfficeChica said:

There are reports of them being undercover reunited and I wouldn't be surprised, Garfield sounds like he's still in love, the way he talks about her.

Remember when Emma won her Golden Globe and Andrew gave her a standing ovation while clapping like a madman?

ee7f94534962863.jpg

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

when Denzel wins and you're all relieved the oscars aren't problematic this year and then comes a best director upset....

mel_gibson_102216_hacksaw_ridge_3c.jpg?i

Wondering if Hacksaw Ridge will walk away empty handed tonight. It doesn't seem to be favorite in any category.

Just now, grim22 said:

Wondering if Hacksaw Ridge will walk away empty handed tonight. It doesn't seem to be favorite in any category.

I think it could win one of the Sound categories like when American Sniper won there two years ago. I have Hell or High Water, Hidden Figures, and Lion pegged as the Best Picture nominees that will go home with nothing tonight.

50 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

No, because calling someone "politically correct" is usually always a false and dumb argument. But we do agree, Denzel's the best for it. Casey Affleck would be a fine winner if the Oscars weren't serving a higher purpose. It's a weird year, you may have noticed. 

The Oscars don't serve a higher purpose. 

• Like 7

Just now, Telemachos said:

The Oscars don't serve a higher purpose. 

I'm sure it'll be tough for you watching La La Land win the big prizes tonight.

Speaking of which, a friend of mine finally saw it yesterday (as a friend and I were watching Get Out at around the same time) and he said he liked it but didn't love it. He said probably his biggest issue with the movie wasn't the "Gosling saves jazz" part or whatever else anyone has backlash with, but that Mia suddenly walks out on her boyfriend because...he isn't Ryan Gosling? Which, when you stop and think about, is actually a legitimately good reason to dump someone. :lol::sadben:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Telemachos said:

I've been phasing out of the awards shows over the last several years. Don't have much interest in watching tonight. :lol: I'll probably just check Twitter later. 

We all know you're cheering Mel on because you're The Devil.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1

My predictions:

Film:        La La Land
Actor:        Denzel Washington
Actress:    Emma Stone
Actor:        Mahershala Ali
Actress:    Viola Davis
Director:    Damien Chazelle
Original S:    Manchester by the Sea
Adapted S:    Arrival
Animated:    Zootopia