franfar

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 | May 5, 2023 | It’s got the PETA seal of quality!

33 minutes ago, poweranimals said:

RDJ didn't want to do it though.

and here we come full circle cause the actors don't want to do another GOTG film without James Gunn so this is the big finale of this franchise and if any other films get made it won't be with this cast. B) There's your 'hook' for this movie. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Factcheck said:

because they were already making sequels to Iron Man 3 in the form of Avengers movies.

The Avengers is not the same as the Iron Man franchise. This was debated very much before The Avengers released. I thought this matter was settled. Iron Man=franchise. Avengers=mega franchise. The Avengers keep their event status by being a team up of multiple franchises and I expect 5 and 6 to lean heavily on characters who already had solo films as well mainly Spider-Man, Strange, Shang Chi, Captain Marvel, Black Panther.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

The Avengers is not the same as the Iron Man franchise. This was debated very much before The Avengers released. I thought this matter was settled. Iron Man=franchise. Avengers=mega franchise. The Avengers keep their event status by being a team up of multiple franchises and I expect 5 and 6 to lean heavily on characters who already had solo films as well mainly Spider-Man, Strange, Shang Chi, Captain Marvel, Black Panther.

The Avengers movies were basically sequels to the "Iron Man," "Thor," and "Captain America" franchises. The Avengers (2012) was a direct sequel to Thor (2011); Age of Ultron was a direct sequel to Iron Man 3; and Infinity War was a sequel to Civil War, Thor: Ragnarok, and The Avengers (2012). Fans of Iron Man, CA, and Thor were watching these Avengers movies as solo movies of Iron Man, Thor, and Captain America.

3 hours ago, eddyxx said:

and here we come full circle cause the actors don't want to do another GOTG film without James Gunn so this is the big finale of this franchise and if any other films get made it won't be with this cast. B) There's your 'hook' for this movie. 

I mean there’s a difference being in that a fourth Iron Man couldn’t fit in Phase 3 as it stood and Guardians will likely end with a new team.

GotG feels like it has a definite ceiling, so I think even with some finale factor and great reception, I have a hard time seeing any higher than $1b. 

Also not a good thing that I’d argue both the character of Star Lord and Chris Pratt as an actor have plummeted in popularity since the second film came out  (thanks to the characters actions in subsequent MCU films and Pratt’s real life actions since then).

Edited by MovieMan89

5 hours ago, Verrows said:

So last year the main trailer and poster for Multiverse of Madness dropped on Super Bowl Sunday. Will Guardians 3 get the same treatment or will Marvel drop it closer to release this time?

They always do, so it's almost a given. Also, this spot still slaps!

Edited by Saul Goodman
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

Also not a good thing that I’d argue both the character of Star Lord and Chris Pratt as an actor have plummeted in popularity since the second film came out  (thanks to the characters actions in subsequent MCU films and Pratt’s real life actions since then).

Uh, Dominion literally just did $376/1B.  

Edited by Deep Wang
  • Like 1

https://deadline.com/2023/02/2023-super-bowl-movie-trailers-the-flash-fast-x-transformers-ant-man-expected-1235247160/

Disney is always part of the pigskin show and expect no less this year as it’s poised to tout spots for Marvel Studios’ Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania (February 17), Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 (May 5), The Little Mermaid (May 26), Pixar’s Elemental (June 16) and possibly Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (June 30) and Marvel Studios’ The Marvels (July 28). No spots for Disney+’s Secret Invasion are expected.

Bautista keeps telling that he is done with Guardians after this one and his character has a complete "arc". As I said above only one worth keeping is Rocket. He had great chemistry with Thor.

This one is releasing in DS2 slot. That had enormous hype/presales and since then none of the MCU movies have come close that level of hype. Can Guardians trilogy finale replicate it. We will know only when presales start in April. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, keysersoze123 said:

Bautista keeps telling that he is done with Guardians after this one and his character has a complete "arc". As I said above only one worth keeping is Rocket. He had great chemistry with Thor.

This one is releasing in DS2 slot. That had enormous hype/presales and since then none of the MCU movies have come close that level of hype. Can Guardians trilogy finale replicate it. We will know only when presales start in April. 

I can actually see this matching MoM at the end, or even exceeding it, but with less hype and frontloading. Even with the finale factor it won't be the "event" that MoM was billed as by the studio and fans but it will probably be way better received, hence less front loading but same total. 

Maybe something like a $160M or $165M OW and $400M+ final.

Edited by Verrows

On 2/2/2023 at 7:11 PM, Verrows said:

I can actually see this matching MoM at the end, or even exceeding it, but with less hype and frontloading. Even with the finale factor it won't be the "event" that MoM was billed as by the studio and fans but it will probably be way better received, hence less front loading but same total. 

Maybe something like a $160M or $165M OW and $400M+ final.

yeah . Vol 2 had better than average legs for an MCU sequel so the same can happen here

• Like 1