Alli

Weekend thread: GOTG2 63 m | Snatched 17.5 mi | King Arthur 14.7 m

The trend continues with MCU films having 2nd Fridays less than their preview numbers.... hopefully it does play like a family film today...

And the Friday increases across the board are rather meh. 

Edited by narniadis
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, EmpireCity said:

I mentioned it on here that I have heard they shot the movie twice.  The last 2 movies with Guy have lost them a ridiculous amount of money.  Hope they love kissing his ass because Sherlock Holmes was an international hit.  

Shame that he won't be getting a big budget film with WB anymore though.  King Arthur was a fucking mess but I loved the hell out of it.  Even his bad movies are great fun.

This weekend is great news for Alien: Covenant.  With numbers this terrible, every theater is going to be putting extra showings of Alien: Covenant in their large houses and moving King Arthur and Snatched down the line so they can get rid of them.  It also is likely good news for Pirates of the Caribbean.  

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, That One Valerian said:

Shame that he won't be getting a big budget film with WB anymore though.  King Arthur was a fucking mess but I loved the hell out of it.  Even his bad movies are great fun.

He could. If he does Aladdin and it's a success. Also, I think WB probably knows that it's not completely his fault that KA was such a massive bomb.

4 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

This weekend is great news for Alien: Covenant.  With numbers this terrible, every theater is going to be putting extra showings of Alien: Covenant in their large houses and moving King Arthur and Snatched down the line so they can get rid of them.  It also is likely good news for Pirates of the Caribbean.  

It's good news for Baywatch too. That's gonna be a big hit. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

I mentioned it on here that I have heard they shot the movie twice.  The last 2 movies with Guy have lost them a ridiculous amount of money.  Hope they love kissing his ass because Sherlock Holmes was an international hit.  

6 minutes ago, That One Valerian said:

I think Ritchie needs to do an M.Night and do a low budget film similar to Lock Stock and Snatch 

• Like 3

Just now, filmlover said:

This won't even make $100M worldwide. Someone's getting fired (if they haven't been already).

I think multiple people will be getting fired.

That's horrific for King Arthur.

Looks like King Arthur will be a bigger bomb than the big Summer domestic bombs of 2016 (Warcraft, The BFG, Ben-Hur, Alice 2).

16 minutes ago, babz06 said:

It's good news for Baywatch too. That's gonna be a big hit. 

I don't know about that.  The movie isn't any good and is not funny enough to pull off a 21 Jump Street type self mocking. Paramount knows they have issues with it and isn't tracking well.  

• Like 5

Just now, EmpireCity said:

I don't know about that.  The movie isn't any good and is not funny enough to pull off a 21 Jump Street type self mocking. Paramount knows they have issues with it and isn't tracking well.  

Bummer but I can't say I'm surprised.

1 minute ago, EmpireCity said:

Not surprised it's not good (I haven't liked the trailers even though I love The Rock) but I'm actually shocked it's not tracking well because they've been marketing it or were marketing it fairly well. Are you allowed to give us your prediction on where you think it'll open? I had it at like $25M 

7 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Poor Paramount. what a mess.