Alli

Weekend thread: GOTG2 63 m | Snatched 17.5 mi | King Arthur 14.7 m

7 minutes ago, miketheavenger said:

I very much doubt Ragnarok will outgross JL and Coco has no chance in hell no matter how good it is. I'm certainly not a DC fanboy, but IMO people are underestimating JL (domestically, at least).

I meant combined, obviously.

6 minutes ago, miketheavenger said:

I very much doubt Ragnarok will outgross JL and Coco has no chance in hell no matter how good it is. I'm certainly not a DC fanboy, but IMO people are underestimating JL (domestically, at least).

What was meant there was that Ragnarok & Coco *put together* will definitely outgross Justice League on its own. Which is correct. 

43 minutes ago, BoilingHotCoffee said:

Warner Bros. is taking pretty long w/ their King Arthur actuals

Probably writing some BS Press Release about how it's a "Special" film which is running a "Marathon, not a Sprint" in box office. That is usual kind of crap a studio issues when trying to spin a big budget film that has bombed badly.

21 minutes ago, MikeQ said:
  • Avenger’s: Age of Ultron
  • Iron Man 3
  • Spider-Man
  • Spider-Man 3

Also all four had worse Sunday drop (MD), than GV2.

King Arthur and Snatched are selling like dogshit at my theater tonight: the KA starting in under 25 minutes has only sold 6 seats while the Snatched in about 50 minutes has sold 4 seats. Meanwhile, the showing of GOTG that just started sold 52 seats, and the showing in an hour has sold 9.

Here is how much GOTG2 will make if it follows the legs of other relevent MCU movies

342 - Civil War

363 - AOU

414 - The Avengers

469!!! - GOTG1

ofcourse it wont be as leggy as gotg1 nor the avengers but i think it will match or surpass AOU legs from this point onwards

• Like 6

I ll never get people that compare legs & multipliers of movies that open to 90m (Guardians) and 146m (Guardians Vol2), it makes very little mathematical sense ya know.

Maths and stuff.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Here is how much GOTG2 will make if it follows the legs of other relevent MCU movies

342 - Civil War

363 - AOU

414 - The Avengers

469!!! - GOTG1

ofcourse it wont be as leggy as gotg1 nor the avengers but i think it will match or surpass AOU legs from this point onwards

Welcome to the boards!

Took a while between your registration date and your first post haha!

Also, if it apparently follows the legs of the Winter Soldier, it gets $406M!

Edited by BoilingHotCoffee
  • Like 2

Just now, BoilingHotCoffee said:

Welcome to BOT!

There's a long period of time between your registration date and your first post haha!

Also, if it apparently follows the legs of the Winter Soldier, it gets $406M!

Thanks mate. I've been lurking here since the forum was created and before that lurked at the forum at mojo for 3-4 years. I spend a lot of time every day reading the threads here but never posted but now i wanna play the derby and the summer game and since i spend so much time on this forum anyways then why not be a little involved ?

• Like 2

Just now, HenryjRhetorics said:

following last week's trend, should be an awful mon, good tues, then on til another surprising weekend.

So comment predicts:

Monday: This won't hit $400M after all.

Tuesday: $450M is on the table.

Wednesday: It won't even hit $350M. 

Rise and repeat.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WrathOfHan said:

King Arthur and Snatched are selling like dogshit at my theater tonight: the KA starting in under 25 minutes has only sold 6 seats while the Snatched in about 50 minutes has sold 4 seats. Meanwhile, the showing of GOTG that just started sold 52 seats, and the showing in an hour has sold 9.

Snatched is certainly gonna see an 80% drop from yesterday. Maybe even 85%.