grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

44 minutes ago, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

Yeah not sure what the problem is. Works on my end. Try clearing the cache on your browser maybe?

Anyways hopefully it works for you soon.

Also if possible try from a private browser session. If that wont work see if you can browse from TOR browser.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, belligerent talking robot said:

I can't imagine Midway tracking under Dunkirk, but now it has to put up 1.5x Terminator 2019  #s

That is really surprising. Dunkirk had big hype bcos it is a chris nolan movie. Emmerich has not been a big factor in ages and this is not an easy kind of movie to pull off. Plus Doctor Sleep seem to get most of Imax/PLF as well.

Anyway I quickly checked how many shows the movie has and its tiny. Looking like sub 1m previews. So definitely Dunkirk is not a good comparison for this tracking like 10m.

Midway (T-6)
AMC - 954/39766 304 shows
Cin - 812/63283 498 shows

Edited by keysersoze123

2 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

That is really surprising. Dunkirk had big hype bcos it is a chris nolan movie. Emmerich has not been a big factor in ages and this is not an easy kind of movie to pull off. Plus Doctor Sleep seem to get most of Imax/PLF as well.

Anyway I quickly checked how many shows the movie has and its tiny. Looking like sub 1m previews. So definitely Dunkirk is not a good comparison for this tracking like 10m.

Hows Doctor Sleep looking?

Midway will have a large Tuesday bump due to TMobile deal...not sure it's gonna help that much, but it should pop presales starting Tuesday (and it could be depressing non-subscriber presales now since it's a well known deal coming to 80 million subscribers, most of whom will pass...but you don't need that many $4 tickets worth $15 in box office to get to $1M previews)...

Edited by TwoMisfits

23 hours ago, Inceptionzq said:

The Rise of Skywalker Thursday Night Showings Denver

AMC Westminster 24

Total 1510 3153

AMC Highlands Ranch 24

Total 1561 3926

SEATS SOLD SOLD TODAY TOTAL SEATS PERCENT SOLD THEATERS  SHOWINGS
7227 69 22870 31.60% 9 182

Pretty solid. Sold more over these past 24 hours than over the previous 2 days. Over 95% of The Lion King

The Rise of Skywalker Thursday Night Showings Denver

AMC Westminster 24

Total 1511 3153

AMC Highlands Ranch 24

Total 1565 3926

SEATS SOLD SOLD TODAY TOTAL SEATS PERCENT SOLD THEATERS  SHOWINGS
7260 33 22870 31.74% 9 182
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Doctor Sleep Thursday Night Showings Denver

AMC Westminster 24

Total 33 346

AMC Highlands Ranch 24

Total 11 329

SEATS SOLD SOLD PAST 2 DAYS   TOTAL SEATS PERCENT SOLD THEATERS  SHOWINGS
82 14 3399 2.41% 8 21

Adjusted Zombieland 2 comp: 1.65M

Adjusted Gemini Man comp: 1.56M

Adjusted Terminator comp: 1.66M

IT 2 comp: 687K

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Hows Doctor Sleep looking?

Again its show is count is very tiny.Obviously early access will depress its previews. So no point in tracking until day before release. This is not a movie that will have big numbers week before release. Terminator numbers were bad as well but Doctor Sleep makes Terminator look big. Compared to Terminator at similar point AMC is 1/3rd and Cinemark is like 40%.

Good news. It more than tripled since last update on 10/21 and is way ahead of Midway if that means anything 🙂

Doctor Sleep T-6

AMC - 3325/78518 $43737.16 (442 shows)
Cin - 1325/84503 $14588 (508 shows)

Edited by keysersoze123
  • Thanks 4

25 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Midway will have a large Tuesday bump due to TMobile deal...not sure it's gonna help that much, but it should pop presales starting Tuesday (and it could be depressing non-subscriber presales now since it's a well known deal coming to 80 million subscribers, most of whom will pass...but you don't need that many $4 tickets worth $15 in box office to get to $1M previews)...

Do you know anything similar having a bit impact. If cheap tickets would just be enough, every movie should do great with AMC presales as Alist has so many subscribers. But that does not seem to be true for these small releases.  Plus these tmobile coupons can be used for more than just previews. So the effect could be spread out.

1 hour ago, keysersoze123 said:

Do you know anything similar having a bit impact. If cheap tickets would just be enough, every movie should do great with AMC presales as Alist has so many subscribers. But that does not seem to be true for these small releases.  Plus these tmobile coupons can be used for more than just previews. So the effect could be spread out.

TMobile deals are few and far between for this year's movies...they helped spike Addams Family at the last minute this month, but family movies tend to be late buys...they also spiked Alita's woeful presales going into the weekend earlier this year (when Alita popped above what were previously woeful looking numbers)...

The pop happens all week b/c folks don't have to buy Tuesday, but know they have the tickets when they want them...

PS - And yes, the effect would be for all weekend sales, not just Thursday previews:)...in fact, there's probably more in the weekend:)...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1

Doctor sleep is interesting. What 8im reading is is plays less like a horror movie and more like a character study and a mental journey for the main character. Be interesting to see what type of viewers it garners.

In that vein id love to see girl who loved Tom Gordon movie. 

Edited by Tinalera

Almost every box office site projecting 28 to 30 Million opening for Dark Fate.

This franchise has been Terminated...…..

As for "Midway" it simply does not look anywhere near as good as "Dunkirk " did. But then it's Nolan vs Emmerich.

3 minutes ago, Tinalera said:

Doctor sleep is interesting. What 8im reading is is plays less like a horror movie and more like a character study and a mental journey for the main character. Be interesting to see what type of viewers it garners.

In that vein id love to see girl who loved Tom Gordon movie. 

I keep hoping for a Talisman film....

And I wish King would write that Salem's Lot sequel he has been talking about for years.

• Like 1

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker Greater Philadelphia Area Seat Report T-48 and Counting

Sellouts Showings Seats Sold Total Seats Perct Sold
TOTALS 1 164 7,969 28,790 27.49%

Total Seats Sold Today: 55

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

The Rise of Skywalker Greater Sacramento Area Premiere Night Seat Report: T-48 days and counting

Sellouts

Showings

Seats left

Total Seats

Seats Sold

Perct Sold

TOTALS

47.72%

Total Seats Sold Today

T-48 Adjusted Comp (EXTREMELY LOL - DON'T USE FOR MUCH OF ANYTHING)

%

Sold T-48

Total Sold

Sellouts/Shows

Seats Left/Total Seats

Perct Sold

Comp

CM

0/81

8240/10608

22.32%

92.78m

TROS (adj)

n/a

2/193

11373/21987

48.27%

n/a

ADJUSTMENT NOTE: TROS (adj) is the ticket data at the same theaters I had tracking info for Captain Marvel.

===

Very nice rebound today. 👍  Probably looking at a sub-40 ticket day tomorrow though, given Sat is one of the weaker days for pre-sales, plus there were a couple of spikes here and there today.  Regardless, TROS is just chugging along as it paces itself for the stretch run coming up.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 4

Special note on TMobile deal - details are now out and it might not help Midway AS much b/c the deal allows TWO movies to be bought, but you only get one code.  KNIVES OUT is also part of the deal, so we may see presales actually pop for that one very early if folks decide that's the better movie (and speaking only for me, if I'm gonna use my deal, I'm probably jumping on that one:)...

• Like 3

So looks to be Terminator will do 11-11.5x previews give or take. I always thought if less Disney film. Multiples like 15 or even20x lol were impossible. I thought 28 was pessimistic but the very bottom of my range. Likely to be 1-3 million under that.

Edited by cdsacken

53 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Special note on TMobile deal - details are now out and it might not help Midway AS much b/c the deal allows TWO movies to be bought, but you only get one code.  KNIVES OUT is also part of the deal, so we may see presales actually pop for that one very early if folks decide that's the better movie (and speaking only for me, if I'm gonna use my deal, I'm probably jumping on that one:)...

Great. I will watch Knives out for sure. Meh on Midway.

• Like 1