grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

2 hours ago, ZackM said:

Across Michigan I'm seeing 11am today running 28% ahead of 11am on Monday for Star Wars.

As of 3pm, I'm at 93% of Monday's end-of-day total.  I don't have a 3pm number from Monday, but I'm fairly certain that today is well ahead of it.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, ZackM said:

As of 3pm, I'm at 93% of Monday's end-of-day total.  I don't have a 3pm number from Monday, but I'm fairly certain that today is well ahead of it.

Hoping for a Desolation of Smaug-sized Christmas Day bump of about 75% or so, especially considering TROS dropped more in line with Smaug than we thought last night (was looking like 20.5M, ended up being closer to $20M). To that end I'm hoping for around $35M but I understand 33+ is more likely, which is still great.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

pace today is excellent. Could end up 20% above Monday if it sustains pace till 6PM PST which is not unreasonable. Let us see where things are this evening.

Christmas Day, as far as I remember, usually slows down going into the evening. 

25 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

pace today is excellent. Could end up 20% above Monday if it sustains pace till 6PM PST which is not unreasonable. Let us see where things are this evening.

Yeah, I'm seeing a blistering pace here.  I've already matched Monday's end-of-day numbers as of about 15 minutes ago.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how well Michigan tracks against the rest of North America over the next few weeks/months.  I have to imagine certain states have a movie going population that's representative of North America at-large.

56 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

Yes, its not as bad as CEve obviously but evening activities used to impact it more than other nights. Be very curious to see how it goes and if the % of pre-evening tickets holds the avg ticket price down. 

1 hour ago, Poseidon said:

14 minutes ago, narniadis said:

Yes, its not as bad as CEve obviously but evening activities used to impact it more than other nights. Be very curious to see how it goes and if the % of pre-evening tickets holds the avg ticket price down. 

if anything on christmas shows before noon dont do much as people are busy in the morning. it picks up afternoon noon and evening shows are super strong. As of 145PM at MTC1

As of 145PM this was the number at MTC1

overall 5619 shows 357008/1075110 4768198.35

Before Noon 1308 shows 77488/241650 743536.46
post 6PM 2665 shows 129751/516093 1959014.86

That shows almost half the shows were in the evening and ticket sales are strong in the evening. Pace is almost 18K per hour over 2 previous hours and so I think 450K+ tickets can happen today at MTC1.

• Like 6

Dolittle Greater Philadelphia Area Seat Report T-22 and Counting

Sellouts Showings Seats Sold Total Seats Perct Sold
TOTALS 0 24 29 5,480 0.53%

Total Seats Lost Today: 1

Comp

0.305x of Maleficent (702K)

lol

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Eric Laurence said:

Dolittle Greater Philadelphia Area Seat Report T-22 and Counting

Sellouts Showings Seats Sold Total Seats Perct Sold
TOTALS 0 24 29 5,480 0.53%

Total Seats Lost Today: 1

Comp

0.305x of Maleficent (702K)

lol

Weird that you have such a high prediction for this movie. I feel this is gonna bomb. BB3 will easily win that weekend.

17 minutes ago, Moviefanfr said:

I thought PS were higher than monday...

Under 30 millions isn't good for TROS

That is referring to today the 26th. Presales were higher than monday for Christmas Day. 

Dropping today is normal, although I am hoping it can go up. 

• Like 1