grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Why would this get near a 3x? Deadpool couldn't hit a 2.8x in an empty market.

This is targeting women too. don't these movies tend to show good legs?

Just now, Alli said:

This is still a CBM we're dealing with, and I wouldn't necessarily say this is primarily targeting women. It's a four quad movie.

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

FLOP confirmed; only bombs do Atom deals!

Why would this get near a 3x? Deadpool couldn't hit a 2.8x in an empty market.

There's a few superhero films that have gotten a three multiplier. The Avengers was one of them. I'm not saying is going to but I'm saying you can't rule it out at this point. What if its as well received as TDK?

• Like 4

Just now, baumer said:

There's a few superhero films that have gotten a three multiplier. The Avengers was one of them. I'm not saying is going to but I'm saying you can't rule it out at this point. What if its as well received as TDK?

Still don't see it happening. TDK had the second half of July and all of August to itself pretty much. Wonder Woman will be out of the Top 5 by the end of June.

I think if WW opened in GOTG2 spot or during Memorial Day Weekend, it would have had a 2.8x but I just don't see it happening. There's just way too much competition in June and by the first week of July Spider-Man comes out. I just wouldn't make a bet on WW having good late legs but I guess we will see. 

Im still sticking to my OW range of $100-100M. 

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Yeah, it's a joke. People on here like to say Atom deals are a sign of floppage.

Atom deals are a sign of floppage :ph34r: But unlike previous flops WW is still making ya pay for the ticket. 

18 minutes ago, Alli said:

I don't know in general, but not particularly if it is a case of fangirls, Twilight, fault in the stars, 50 shades, Sex and the City, etc... got some of the most frontloaded release.

27 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Still don't see it happening. TDK had the second half of July and all of August to itself pretty much. Wonder Woman will be out of the Top 5 by the end of June.

Lol doesn't matter if u cant see it. Point is u cant possibly know at this point.

14 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Imagine if it gets close to BATB's OW, think the forum would crash 

Not a chance in a billion.

People forgot very early how huge the buzz and pre sales were for Batb.

I think it was already #1 on Movietickets and by a big margin by its last Monday of release.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, baumer said:

Lol doesn't matter if u cant see it. Point is u cant possibly know at this point.

I agree, but vice versa we also can't know that it will have great late legs. Personally, I think it will hold up well, but the competition will most certainly hurt it.